How he is with your young daughter

Calum

Calum and I walked through the park, me pushing Carla's buggy as she waddled next to Calum, her tiny hand in his.

"I want to go see the ducks." She spoke, looking up at Calum.

"Well, we're on our way to see the ducks, sweetie. We'll be there soon." He smiled gently at her.

"Does mummy have the bread?" she asked. Calum looked at me and bit his lip as he smiled.

"Right here, love." I nodded, showing her the loaf of bread that she had insisted on taking with us.

"Daddy, I can't see the pond." She whined.

"How about now?" he asked, picking her up and sitting her on his shoulder as she squealed.

"Yeah! I can see it!" she yelled, pointing ahead.

"You know what daddy can see?" Calum asked.

"Nothing!" she laughed, putting her hands over his eyes.

"No, silly!" he returned her laugh as he moved her hands.

"Daddy can see an ice cream truck." He grinned at me.

"Oh god." I chuckled. He returned it as he walked up to the ice cream truck and took Carla down from his shoulders but still held her up so that she could see the menu.

"What do you want daddy to buy you, sweetheart?" I asked.

"Oh, so I'm paying?" he chuckled.

"You're the one who spotted it." I smiled. He returned it.

"Can I have that?" she asked, pointing to the chocolate swirl ice cream.

"Of course you can, princess." He nodded as he gave the man the money. The man handed Calum the ice cream.

"Daddy, I want to hold it." Carla spoke.

"Are you sure? If daddy is holding it, he makes sure that it doesn't get dropped." He warned.

"I'm sure." She nodded. He sighed before giving it to her. She smiled as she immediately started to lick it.

"I think daddy should get a bite, don't you?" I asked. Carla nodded quickly before moving the ice cream. Calum took a bite.

"Thank you, princess." He smiled before looking at me.

"And thank you for getting me a bit of ice cream." He chuckled, pecking my lips before starting to walk again.

Luke

I opened my eyes slightly but only enough to see the time. 6:00am. I groaned and rolled over so that my head landed against Luke's chest and I curled my arm over his stomach, prompting him to wrap an arm around my waist and pull me closer.

"It's six, babe." He mumbled into my hair.

"No." I groaned.

"You know what's coming." He chuckled, kissing my head.

"Nope. We can fend her off, I beg you, I want to sleep." I whined, making Luke laugh before he looked at the door.

"Three...two...one." The door burst open and Alexa ran in, screaming.

"Mummy, daddy, it's my birthday!" she squealed, tripping up slightly every so often.

"It is!" Luke exclaimed as she climbed up and onto the bed. She nodded as she waddled towards us and took her usual seat on Luke's chest.