You meet for the first time

Calum

I opened my eyes and groaned at the sight of moving trucks next door. I sighed as I stood up and got dressed before heading downstairs. I opened the back door and looked for my dog.

"Dexter?" I called out.

"Dexter!" I yelled.

"That damn dog." I muttered as I went to the gate that connected my garden to the neighbour's. My dog had always preferred that garden.

"Is there a reason that you're in my garden?" I turned around to see the most stunning guy standing there.

"Is my dog here?" I asked sheepishly.

"Probably. I love dogs." He chuckled, making me nod.

"Is he a chocolate lab puppy by any chance?" he smiled.

"That's the one." I chuckled. He nodded before whistling. A moment later, Dexter ran out.

"That's a neat trick, how did you learn that?" I asked.

"I've had enough dogs over the years to learn a thing or two." he chuckled, making me nod at him.

"By the way, it's nice to meet you..." I paused.

"Calum." He smiled.

"And you are?" he asked.

"Y/N." I spoke.

"Pretty name for a pretty girl." He smirked.

"Fuckboy attitude, I see." I teased.

"Hey!" he laughed.

"I'm kidding. Anyway, it was nice to meet you, I need to go." I smiled.

"Nice to meet you too, new neighbour." He chuckled.

"Oh. One more thing." He spoke as he walked forward. I looked at him expectantly.

"My number." He smirked as he pressed a piece of paper into my hand.

"Do you just happen to carry around slips of paper with your number on?" I chuckled.

"Pretty much." He nodded, making me laugh.

"See you." He smiled. I returned it before walking back to my garden.

Luke

I walked into the coffee shop and looked around, not being able to see my date yet. I walked up to the counter where a stunning blond guy was stood behind the counter.

"Welcome to the coffee hut, where can I get you?" he smiled.

"A latte, please, Luke." I smiled, looking at his name tag.

"Coming right up." He chuckled as he started to work on the coffee. A moment later, it was slid into my hand.

"Thank you." I smiled.

"No bother." He returned as I went to sit down. I waited an hour and my date still hadn't shown up. I sighed as I held my now cold coffee in my hands.

"You okay?" I looked up to see Luke stood over my table.

"Yeah. I'm used to being stood up." I admitted. He sighed as he sat down on the opposite chair.

"How come? You're too pretty to be stood up." He stated. I smiled at him before shrugging.

"I don't know. I guess that I'm just dating an ass who thinks that playing video games is better than seeing his girlfriend." I sighed.