Next Move

*y/n's pov*
sam's mother hugged me and said, "i'm so sorry about what happened." "it's okay, really i-" "no it's not okay." i heard sam say. "you could've been killed and if you died than i-" he stopped himself. "i'll let you two talk alone." his mom said. "no, we're going to my room." he said grabbing my hand. we walked up the stairs and shut the door. sam stood there with his back turned. "so?" i said. "i know you won't be able to stay here for long because of your mom, but you can stay here for the night." i sighed. "i don't think your mother would like that." i said sitting on his bed. "i don't care what my mother wants." i looked up at him. "why did you do that?" "do what?" "kill my father." he sighed and chuckled. "you really think i was gonna let him hurt you? i'm not that much of an asshole am i?" "no, i guess not." he sat down next to me. "now i know why you always wore long sleeves." he said looking at my arms. "did he do that to you?" i started to tear up. no one has ever found out before, not even natalie. "hey, if you don't wanna talk about it i-" "everyday." i said. "what?" "he tortured me everyday. for no reason. he was a drunk and he didn't have a job. my mom has this job that pays well so he didn't have to work a day in his life. he would do anything to me if he wanted to, but he never did anything sexual." "i'm sorry." he said. i looked at him. "you don't have to be sorry, you didn't do anything. in fact, you ended it." i said with a smile. "yeah, i did." "it's gonna be on the news, you know that right?" he sighed. "yep, i know, but they don't know who did it." "but they will find out he has a daughter." i said standing up. "hey, you have nothing to do with this, you're a victim." "gosh, fuck everything." i said putting my hands on my face. "hey, you don't have to go to school tomorrow if you don't want to." "i really don't. i can stay here?" i asked. he smiled. "as long as you want." "okay." i said smiling to myself. "you're probably hungry. we should go get dinner." "sure." i said. we walked down the stairs. i saw a guy that looked like 30. "hey sammy boy!" the man said hugging sam. "hey hootie." he looked at me up and down. "what are those on her arms?" i pulled down my hoodie sleeves. "nothing man. this is y/n, y/n this is hootie, my older brother." i didn't wave or say hi, i stared at him. and just kept staring like i recognized him or something. "are you okay?" hootie asked. i didn't answer. i walked away and sat down on a chair. "is she okay?" "yeah, she's fine, just tired." sam said nervously. "okay, time for dinner!" his mom said. everyone sat at the table, but i stayed on the couch. "sweetie? come on, dinner time." i got up and walked to the table. i sat next to sam and across from hootie. i don't know why, but i was scared of something. men scare me. "so how was your day sam?" his mom asked. "uh, it was pretty sweet, i guess. i got detention because of this cutie and we have a new project for school." hootie chuckles. "cutie? what are you? 12?" "nope, last time i checked i was 15 so i think i'm still 15." he said rolling his eyes. "no more bullys?" his mom asked. "nope, no more." he was bullied? i had no idea. i thought people just gave him a hard time, but bullying? "so, what's this chick's deal?" hootie asked. sam choked. "uh, there's no deal, hoot." "why is she not eating? does she have an eating disorder or something?" he laughed. "seriously? just shut up man." sam said. "nah, i wanna know. hey sweetheart? what's your deal? are you a gold digger like the rest of them?" "why would you think that?" i asked serious. "oh! the mute speaks." "mind your own business pal." i said playing with my food with the fork. "she got a tongue huh?" "what the hell is your problem man?" sam asked. "what's her problem? where did you even find her? off the street?" "i was abused, you sick fuck. you don't know dipshit about me so why don't you shut the fuck up and mind your own damn business, asshole." i got up and ran upstairs. "you mess everything up." sam said running after me. i got in his room and locked the door. "hey! come on, open up." he said banging on the door. i fell on the floor and started crying. "hey, it's gonna be okay just let me in." "no, sam. it's not gonna be okay, okay? my whole life is a mess and i don't know what to do anymore." i got up and opened the door. he gave me a big hug. i really needed it. "it's gonna be okay. i'm right here." he whispered. and for the first time, i felt safe and cared for. maybe sam isn't a bad person after all.

to be continued...
(next part will be in sam's pov.)
vote & comment :)