Surprise

i went home and sat on the couch. "dude." hootie said. "where have ya been?" "i had to see y/n." "why?" "she's awake." his eyes widened. "holy cow. are you serious?" i nodded. "good for her man." "yeah, her ex and best friend was there. it was weird. i don't know why she called him. he did y/n so wrong and she knows that. she started to flirt with me and kissed me on the cheek." "you're kidding?" i shook my head. "you gotta tell y/n." "but y/n has been dealing with a lot of bullcrap lately. this will just add on to her plate." "dude, you gotta be honest with her." i sighed. "i know, but not now." "soon." he said. "he cheated on her because she wouldn't sleep with him ya know." "shut up." i laughed. "i'm serious." "what a perv." i nodded. "yep." "wait, how old is y/n?" "14." he choked on his water. "the hell?" i said. "she don't look 14. i thought she was like 16." i chuckled. "nah." "so what are you gonna do for your birthday tomorrow?" i looked confused. "what?" "your birthday? don't tell me you forgot your own birthday." "i guess i did." he shakes his head. "there's been a lot going on. my mind isn't straight." "yeah, i get it." i got up and went up stairs. wow, my birthday. i'm turning 16. there's so weird. the only gift i want is y/n to come home healthy and with a smile. "i'm asking for too much already." i said to myself.
*morning*
"happy birthday!!" i heard my mom say. "mom, i'm sleeping. go away." "oh no. it's my baby's 16th birthday!" "ughhhh." i groaned. "i can't even sleep in peace." i said in my pillow. "what are you gonna do for your birthday." "fucking sleep." "sam! language!" she said. i laughed. "i don't really wanna do anything for my birthday, mom." "you have to. you only turn 16 once." "yes, mother, i know, but i don't feel like celebrating, you know? that was and still is a lot of crap going on. i'm not myself." she nodded. "all right then. come downstairs for breakfast." i nodded. i wanna go visit y/n again today. i miss her so much. i mean, it's only sunday. "yoo! lil bro turning 16? what? dude, stop growing." hootie said. i smiled. "yeah yeah big deal." "hurry up and come downstairs." i got myself ready for the day. i walked downstairs to pancakes. "birthday pancakes?" i said. "duh, what else?" hootie said. "you guys do this every year." "and we are gonna keep doing it." mom said. "thanks mom." "you're welcome baby." she kissed my head. "awh, mama's boy." "shut up, hootie." "so what gift do you want?" "y/n to come home." i said quietly, but of course they heard me. they looked at each other. "sam..." "i know mom. it's too much to ask, but i would be the happiest boy on the planet if she came home." i started to tear up. i know she's awake, but i wanna hold her again. "i'm sorry. i didn't mean to ruin the mood." "it's fine, baby." i sighed. when breakfast was over, i went out on my bike. of course i went to the hospital to see y/n. i walked in her room to see that she was alone. she had a huge smile on her face when she saw me. "hey, sam." "hey." i started to get nervous and started shaking. "are you okay?" she asked. "i'm fine." "how's your day so far?" "it's my birthday." she almost sat up. "hey, you better not get up." "no way! your birthday?" i nodded. she started to cry. "why are you crying??" "because i can't celebrate it with you." "awh babe." i hugged her. "it's okay. i'm with you now right?" she nodded and forced a smile. "i'm sorry." she said. "nah, it's fine. really-" "no, i'm sorry for doing this. this whole thing and dragging you in it. it's not fair to you." "hey, i'm actually happy that you did. if it wasn't for you, i would be an asshole right now, but you changed me and helped me realize that it's not always about me. i'm glad i'm in your life and i'm glad i'm helping you." she nodded and smiled so hard. "do you know when you're coming out of the hospital?" "no, i don't, but soon." i nodded. i stayed there for about three hours just talking about everything, but i left out the part about natalie. she doesn't need all that right now. suddenly my mom walked in the room. "what are you doing here, mom?" "i just need to talk to her about the case." i nodded. "but why?" "they want me to. the detectives." i rolled my eyes. "i'll see you tomorrow after school." she nodded. i kissed her forehead. i went home. it's only 3pm, so the day wasn't over. why can't those stupid detectives let the girl rest? she woke up from a coma like 1 day ago. i sat on my bed and watched some 13 reasons why (😏). i binged for like 4 hours. i checked the time and saw that it was 7pm. why is mom not home? i showered and got ready for bed. i called her and asked where she was.
*phone call*
s: where are you?
m: i'm on my way home
s: hurry up. it's late
m: yes, honey i know. i have a surprise for you
s: i hate surprises mom
m: you'll love this one. see you at home
s: see you
*call ends*
i didn't want anything for my birthday, but i can't do anything now. "sam!!" i heard downstairs. "ugh, mom! i told you i don't want anything for my birthday!" i ran downstairs and my mouth dropped. "hey sam."

to be continued
vote and comment :)
999 words :/