Acting Face On

sam sighed and looked at me. "you have to go now?" he said with a sad face. "yes, my mom should be worried." i said. "if she was worried she would've called." he said rolling his eyes and he walked away. i sighed. looks like sam has a little bit of the jerkyness in him. "don't listen to him, sweetheart. he just doesn't want you to leave." kristy said giving me a hug. "come back anytime." she said with a smile. "thank you, for everything." i walked out of the door until..."wait!" i turned and saw sam. "i'll text you okay?" "that's why you stopped me?" i asked. he smiled and said, "yeah." we stared into each others' eyes. i felt like the moment was right so i leaned in to kiss him, but he pulled back. "uh, see you tomorrow." i felt my face turn red from embarrassment. i didn't even say anything, i just turned and walked away. i'm so stupid. stupid, stupid, stupid, to think that a guy like sam could possibly like me, even a little bit. there was still police tap around my house. i walked in and saw investigators talking to my grieving mother. "oh my gosh! y/n!" my mom yelled hugging me. i hugged back. "i was worried sick. where were you?" i looked at her in disbelief. "if you were worried, you would've called." remembering the words sam said. "i tried." she said. i scoffed and walked up the stairs. "we need to ask you some questions." one investigator said. i stopped and walked back down the stairs. of course, i was in a bad mood because of what happened between me and sam. "about what? my dead father?" i said with attitude. "yes, actually." i rolled my eyes and sat down. "what do you wanna know?" "where were you the night your father was murdered?" "what, so you know it's a murdered?" "answer the question y/n." my mother said. "at a friend's house." "what friend?" "sam, sam hurley. why are you asking me these questions? you think i have something to do with it?" "no, but we think your friend does, sam." i gulped. "i was with him the whole night. he didn't do anything." "your friend natalie said he was acting suspicious today at school." i looked up and said, "so that makes him a suspect? maybe something was happening at home or-" "no further questions." he said. "no no. i have further questions. sam is innocent okay? i was with him the entire night! why are you-" "y/n, go to your room." mother said. i ran upstairs. i cried for what felt like hours. i didn't want them to know that sam did it, but apart of me wanted them to know that what happened was in self defense. i can't come forward. i'm too scared. i might lose myself and worse, the school will find out about it. i don't know what to do anymore.

to be continued...
vote and comment :)