Heartbreak and Lies

y/n's pov
me and natalie we're almost done with homework. "ugh, too much work." natalie groaned. "yeah, but we're almost done." "y/n!" my mom yelled, but i ignored. "y/n!!" she yells again. "dude, your mom is calling you." "ignore her." i said rolling my eyes. "y/n!!!" she yells even louder. "i'm doing my fucking homework mom!!!!" i yelled back. natalie has her eyes wide open. "you talk to your mom like that?" "yeah it's fine." and then i realized how dumb i sound. i rolled my eyes and walk over to the door. before i could open it, she busted right in. "what the hell?" i said. "i called you several times." "and i told you that i'm doing my homework." "what the hell is the matter with you? since your father died, you've been out of control! running off with that sam boy." "during that time, you were with sam?" natalie asked. "barely!" i yelled. "what are you talking about? the night your father died, you weren't there, you were probably staying at that boy's house." i sighed. "now that you're here, what the hell you want? wanna start an unnecessary argument, huh?" "why were you with sam? were you with him the entire time?!" natalie exclaimed. "well, she certainly wasn't here." "no wonder he was acting so weird when i asked questions about you. he was covering for you." she said in disbelief. "you hang out with a killer, y/n." mom said. she walked out and closed the door. why did the conversation go the way it did? could it have gone differently? "what does she mean by that?" natalie asked. "i-i don't know.." "after what i learned, you better not lie." this is it. the moment she finds out the truth. i sighed. "my mom thinks sam killed my father." "and why does she think that?" "because he was here the night he died." "and if sam did it and you know for a fact that he did, you would turn him in right?" i sighed and looked at the floor. what a hard question. "look, i know you're in love with him, but if he actually killed your father, you have to turn him in." i didn't say a word. "why were you with him? huh? did you know how scared i was when you didn't answer my calls or texts?! did you even think of me?!" "yes! of course i did." "clearly, not. you should've contacted me." she sighed and packed her things. "where are you going?" i asked. "home. don't text me, okay?" she said and walked out. i sat on my bed and cried for god knows how long. i thought my life would be better without my father, but it's still sucks. i needed to talk to someone so i went to sam's house and of course jumped out the window. when i got there, i saw a police car in his parking. i hide behind a bush. when the time was right, i sneaked behind the house and to his room window. as i was about to knock, i saw him and sabrina making out? wtf? since when?? how?! it felt like a knife stabbed my heart. i was crushed. i thought he hated her. this is way too much to handle. i lost my best friend and now my crush. when did it all go wrong? i cried and ran to the ocean. it was calm and peaceful. it helped me think a little bit. i was debating on whether to come out with my story or not. i didn't feel ready, but i wanted to. i felt lost and alone. i felt betrayal and heartbreak. this was a different kind of heartbreak. he wasn't even mine. i didn't keep my promise. i didn't resist boys, i just fell straight into his trap. i had a feeling that this boy couldn't be trusted. fuck, i should've listened to my gut. when will i learn?

to be continued...
vote and comment :)