Awake

it was the weekend, so i could do whatever i wanted. i'm hoping that today will be normal, that today i'll calm down. but would i actually get a break? "sam, what are your plans for today?" my brother asked. "nothing much, why?" he paused. "i wanted to hangout with you today. maybe go play basketball like we used to?" i nodded and smiled. he left. i just sat there on the bed thinking. i took out my phone and got a text from natalie.
n: hey
s: hey
n: what are you doing later today?
s: probably hanging out with my brother, why?
n: oh ok. just wondering
s: all right then
n: i'll see you on monday?
s: yeah, totally
n: 👋🏽
i turned off my phone and went down stairs. "hey sam." my mom said. "hey mom." "what are your plans for today?" "maybe hanging out with hootie." i said getting an apple. she smiled and nodded. i sat down on the table. hootie sat next to me. my phone started to buzz. "who's that?" he asked. i looked at my phone and saw natalie's contact. "uh, a friend." he nodded unsure.
n: can you come with me to visit y/n?
s: uh, maybe. if i have time today
n: all right. just text me
s: okay
i turned off my phone. "natalie?" "uh, y/n's friend. she wanted to visit y/n with me." "why with you?" i chuckled. "who else?" i started to think why natalie wanted to hangout all of sudden? i'm probably just thinking too much. "come on." hootie said. "where?" "outside. basketball. now." he ran outside. i shook my head and ran out with him. i put my phone in my pocket. "let's see what you got. one on one." i laughed. "imma beat you so bad." "we'll see." we played for about an hour. "i beat you!" sam yelled with his hands up. "which i don't know how you did it." hootie said. "gosh, i'm tired." i said sitting on the floor. "i'll go get us some water." hootie said. i looked at my phone and saw miss calls from jackson? i called back
*phone call*
j: dude finally!
s: how the hell did you get my number?
j: it's not the time for questions, man!
s: the hell do you want?
j: come to the hospital.
s: why?
j: she wants to see you
s: who wants to see me?
j: dude, you that dumb? i'm talking about y/n
s: h-how?
j: she's awake
*ends call*
my heart started to pump harder. i ran upstairs to grab a shirt. "yo! you want your water?" hootie asked. "nope! gotta run!" i said running down the street. i ran to the hospital as fast as i could. i told them who i am and who i wanted to see. i burst open the door and saw jackson and natalie speaking. "you're here." natalie said. "she fell asleep. she'll be up soon." jackson said. i looked at them confused. "what are you two doing here?" "uh, what does it look like? visiting y/n of course." jackson said. "did you not understand what i told you?" "yeah yeah. stay away from her blah blah blah. all that bullcrap." "please, let's not fight. let's be calm for y/n." natalie said. i sighed and sat down in the chair next to her. i slowly removed the hair off her beautiful face. "oh come on. ew man." jackson said. "you mad because she doesn't love you anymore." "pff no i'm not." i narrowed my eyebrow. "why are you here, jackie?" "because i was invited." "by who?" he pointed to natalie. "i needed someone to come with me, but you never texted me back." "that's your excuse for bringing this dipshit?" "calm down, sam." she said. "does she know he's here?" "yes, dumbass, i'm the one that saw her wake up." i sighed. i wanted to be the one she sees when she wakes up. "she's gonna tell you to leave, dude, so you might as well just go." he scoffs. "i don't care what you say man. i'm not going anywhere." i rolled my eyes and sat down. "if she gets mad then it's on you, natalie." she rolled her eyes. "sam?" i heard right next to me. "y/n?" i said tearing up.

to be continued..
vote and comment :))