Police

it was the most awkward walk back home ever. he didn't do anything wrong, but i yelled at him for no reason and felt bad for it. "i'm sorry." i said not facing him. "it's fine, you tell me when you're ready." i smiled. he was so understanding and didn't bombard me with questions. "thank you." we climbed back through the window. "okay, i'll let you change." "wait!" i yelled. i knew i just had to ask him. "did you take my dad's gun?" i asked. he looked shocked. "uhhh." i scoffed. "you can't be that stupid to take it?" he sighed. "sam! if they find that, you will go to jail!" i yelled. "shh! keep your voice down." he said shutting the door. "you know i can't go to jail, i'm 15." "so? they can send you somewhere and i don't wanna lose you!" i yelled. i sighed and sat down on the bed. "you don't wanna lose me?" he asked softly. "no, i don't, but that's not the point, the point is, you need to get rid of that gun." "you know we can just tell them that it's self defense. i mean, it's not a lie." i sighed. "y/n, you have the scars to prove it, this could be over with." i know he was right. to be honest, i don't know what was stopping me. "you're right, but i'm just not ready." "okay, i understand." he got up and left the room. i changed and got ready for school. he came back in the room with a smile. "why are you smiling?" "because you look pretty." i laughed and playfully punched his shoulder. "come on, we're gonna be late." we jumped out of the window. he stopped and pushed me back. someone was knocking on the door. "who is it?" i whispered. "the police." he said. i lost air for a second. this is not gonna go well.

to be continued...
vote and comment :)