THE PROPOSAL

The party was in full swing. All their family and friends were present and having a great time. Can was so nervous he was trembling. Sanem knew something was up with Can. He just could not stand still. He was pacing back and forth. A slow song started to play. Sanem went and grabbed Can by the hand and led him to where everyone else was dancing. They held each other close, while looking into each other's eyes. Can rested his forehead against Sanem's. He could smell her sweet fragrance, but he wanted a deeper smell. He buried his face in her neck and inhaled deeply. Her smell was intoxicating. He could keep his face their forever. He went back to looking deep into her eyes. Sanem ran her hands down the side of his face...smoothing his beard. She loved touching his beard. When the song ended, he grabbed Sanem's hand and headed back to their friends and family.

Can asked for everyone to gather around and to cut the music. He thanked everyone for coming and helping to celebrate the reopening of the agency. He said tonight was more than just celebrating the reopening and he turned to Sanem. He took out the ring box that contained the moonstone ring. He opened the box and Sanem's eyes grew wide. She exclaimed my ring! Can looked deep into her eyes and told her she was his half, his heart, his everything. He then asked her to marry him. The tears rolled down her face. She looked into his eyes, but his eyes were the same. Not like they were when he proposed on his birthday. She knew his feelings were not the same as they were back then. Sanem told him she loved him more than life itself, but she could not marry him. She then ran off towards the pier. Everyone was in shock. The Aydin's were shaking their heads and truly upset.

Can ran after Sanem. He found her sobbing while sitting on the pier. He sat down beside her but never said anything. Sanem looked at him and asked him why. Why he would do something like that when she believed deep down, he didn't want this. Can told her he loved her. He still doesn't understand if it is from his memories or if he fell in love with her all over again. Can told her he wanted her beside him for always, even if he doesn't get all his memories back. He told her he felt their souls were connected somehow. He didn't want to live without her in his life. He told her he wanted to share their lives together...grow old together...have many babies together. He told her his memories may never return fully and he was OK with that because he wanted new memories with her and only her. Sanem listened and couldn't take her eyes off him. Can took her hands in his and begged her to marry him. Sanem smiled and said let's go back to the party with our friends and family. We can try this proposal one more time. Can smiled big and helped her to her feet. He bent down and kissed her passionately. They walked back to the farm hand in hand.

All their friends and family were still there waiting. Everyone smiled when they returned holding each other's hand. Can told everyone let's try this again. Can looked deep into Sanem's eyes and once again said you are my half, my heart, my everything. Will you marry me? Sanem looked at her parents and they were smiling. She looked deep into Can's eyes and replied YES!

Can slipped the ring onto her finger. Suddenly, Can grabbed his head and moaned loudly. He dropped to his knees, still holding his head with his hands. Sanem dropped down beside him asking if he was alright. Can didn't know what was happening. The pain was like a needles being pushed into his head. He never felt such pain before. He was seeing mental flashbacks so fast it was like his life was passing before his eyes. He couldn't slow them down. They just kept coming and coming. And then everything went black.