SISTERLY BOND

It was getting closer to Sanem's and Leyla's due dates. Both women were excited to become mothers. Sanem could not believe they were both giving birth to girls, they were married to brothers and their daughters would be born almost on the same day. Leyla and Sanem were extremely close growing up and they were happy that their girls would have each other. Sanem and Leyla had both taken leaves from the agency due to it being so close to their due dates. Unknown to them, Mihriban, Deniz, Deren and Sanem's mother, Mevkibe were planning a double baby shower for tomorrow night.

Can, Bulut, Aziz, Embre, Cey Cey, Sanem's father Nihat and Muzzo were making progress on the log cabin that Can was building for Sanem and his baby girl. It was coming along nicely. They should have it done in about 2 or 3 more months. Can had forbade Sanem to come see it. He wanted her to see it once it was complete. He couldn't wait for that day. He knew about the baby shower for Leyla and Sanem tomorrow night. The ladies insisted that the men come too. Can thought that was very rare for men to attend a baby shower, but he was game. He actually made Sanem a gift for the shower. He also helped Embre make Leyla the same gift. They were matching rocking chairs. He knew Leyla and Sanem would love them.

The men finished up for lunch and headed back to the farm, where they knew the ladies would have lunch waiting for them. It was a ritual for a Saturday. They all arrived back to the farm where a feast was awaiting them. Can found Sanem and immediately embraced her and kissed her passionately. Embre found Leyla and did the same. Of course, Bulut looked for Deren, found her and got his kiss and hug. They all sat down to eat. Mihriban spoke up and invited everyone for dinner tomorrow evening. Of course, everyone, except Leyla and Sanem, knew what this was about. The double baby showers. Everyone agreed to come. After the men finished lunch, they headed back to work more on the log cabin. Can wanted to be able to move into their new home before winter came. He gave Sanem a quick kiss and headed off.

The ladies cleaned up the remains of lunch. Leyla hung out with Sanem while the other ladies headed home. Sanem told Leyla, let's go shopping. Leyla said OK. They called for a taxi and headed into town. They visited a few baby boutiques and bought just a few things. There wasn't much the women needed for their baby girls. Their husbands made sure of that. They were both going to be such awesome fathers. They decided to stop for some frozen yogurt. They happened to look over and spotted Huma (Can and Embre's mother) having coffee with Ceyda. Sanem remembered Ceyda from the Compass Campaign. She wanted Can and tried her best to get him to notice her. But he only had eyes for Sanem. Leyla and Sanem pretended they didn't see them. They were enjoying their frozen yogurt when they heard Huma say hello, ladies. They both looked up and saw Huma and Ceyda standing over their table. Leyla and Sanem both said hello. Huma asked how married life was going? They both said great. Huma said I see your both very pregnant. Both of them said yes. Ceyda was smirking at them. Ceyda then said I hope you both loose all that baby weight. Men don't usually like fat women. Huma laughed. Sanem stood up and asked Ceyda if there was something she like to say. Ceyda said no but did want to know how Can was. She wanted to know if Can was still going to the gym. She said she might see if he would start training her again. Sanem smiled and told her he gets his work out now building their new home and being an attentive husband. Ceyda immediately stopped smiling. Leyla stood up, grabbed Sanem's hand and told Huma and Ceyda to have a nice day. Huma ran to catch up with them. She asked Leyla and Sanem if she would be permitted to see her grand-babies after their born. Sanem told her it would be up to Can if she could see her granddaughter. Leyla added that it would be up to Embre if she could see their daughter. Huma had tears in her eyes. She said 2 granddaughters; how lovely. Sanem told Huma she has done a lot of unforgivable things to keep Can and Sanem apart, so Can is extremely upset with her. Huma told Sanem she knew, and she was very sorry. Sanem told Huma to have a nice day and she and Leyla left.

Sanem was steaming all the way home. Fat? Fat? The nerve of that woman. Leyla laughed and said we aren't fat, Sanem, we are pregnant. She told Sanem not to let her get to her. She was jealous over the fact that Sanem had Can and she didn't. She looked at Leyla and asked her what if she doesn't lose the baby weight? What if Ceyda was right and I stay fat? Leyla told her it wouldn't matter to Can. He would love her anyway. Leyla headed home a short time later. It was really getting to Sanem about what Ceyda said. She went to her bedroom and looked in her mirror. She turned this way and that. She frowned at herself in the mirror. She wondered if Can would leave her if she stayed fat. This is where Can found her when he came home later. He watched her from the doorway. She was talking to herself. She seemed angry with herself. He heard her mention Ceyda's name and that got his attention. He walked up behind her and wrapped his arms around her. He asked her what she was ranting and raving about. Sanem turned around in his arms. She asked Can if he would leave her if she remained fat after the baby was born. Can laughed and asked her where this was coming from? Sanem said just answer please. Can told her he would love her no matter what. Sanem looked at him like she didn't believe him. Can asked her where this nonsense was coming from. Sanem told him about running into Huma and Ceyda in town earlier. She told him everything Ceyda said. Can was fuming. He hated when somebody upset his wife. He told her he wanted nothing to do with Ceyda or his mother. He told Sanem she was his world and his world meant nothing if she wasn't beside him. He told her to stop talking nonsense about being fat. She was perfect in his eyes. He then kissed her passionately.

Can told Sanem he was hungry and wanted pizza. Sanem told him they don't deliver pizza this far out. Can told her he would go pick it up. Sanem said OK because as usual, she was starving. Can left to go pick up the pizza.

When Can arrived back with the pizza, He sat the box on the coffee table. Sanem came in with their tea. She told him he forgot the plates and started to leave to go get them. Can grabbed her hand and pulled her down on the couch. He told Sanem they were going to eat pizza like lovers do. He gave Sanem a bite of pizza. Sanem asked him if this was how lovers ate pizza. Can said lovers stay beside each other on the couch and on a bed. They do not care what is happening in the world around them. Can told her that is what he thought. Sanem laughed at him. Can asked what was so funny? She said I remember you telling me this exact thing in your old house when you ordered pizza. Can smiled and said yes, after you burnt the pasta. They both laughed. Sanem put her head on his shoulder and said I would eat pizza like this with you until the end of days. Can kissed her forehead.