THE DOUBLE BABY SHOWER

The next morning was Sunday. Can left early to do more work on their home. He met the other men; Bulut, Cey Cey, Muzzo, Aziz and Embre at the building site. Mevkibe and Leyla arrived to take Sanem out for the day. They enjoyed a nice breakfast in a local cafe. While Mevkibe had her daughters out, the other women arrived to decorate for the double baby shower. Mihriban, Deren and Deniz got down to business. They hung balloons, streamers and baby decorations all over Sanem's front yard. They had several tables set up. After all that was done, the ladies headed to the kitchen to begin cooking for the baby shower. Deren made her famous punch, while Mihriban and Deniz started making several different kinds of finger foods.

Mevkibe was enjoying her time with her daughters. They were her heart and soul. She was so happy that Sanem finally had her dreams come true. She was her youngest. Sanem was an early bird; a dreamer. She always had her nose in a book or a pen on paper. Leyla was her oldest. She always tried to make her parents proud. She was her responsible daughter and always thought before she acted, unlike Sanem. Sanem would act without thinking and then had to suffer the consequences. She was so relieved her beautiful daughters found love. And now her beautiful daughters were finally going to be mothers of their own. She couldn't be prouder of her daughters.

Everything was coming together back at the farm. The guys were making a lot of progress on the log cabin and the double baby shower was coming together nicely. New friends and old friends were beginning to arrive at the farm. Sanem's childhood friend, Ayhan and her brother Osman just arrived. Guliz just exited the taxi. Can's childhood friends, Metin and Akif pulled up behind Guliz's taxi. Osman, Akif and Metin went in search of the guys, who were still working on the log cabin. Ayhan and Guliz started helping the ladies with the finger foods. Aunt Remide just arrived and came inside to greet the ladies.

Can was excited to see his childhood brothers, Metin and Akif. They complimented Can on the log cabin. It wouldn't be long now, and it would be their new home. Can was leaving the decorating to Sanem. She had already ordered the furniture she wanted for the inside. Mevkibe and Mihriban were already busy making curtains for each and every window. Can could not wait for the day him and Sanem would hold each other in front of their fireplace on cold nights. He thought he was more excited than Sanem.

Mevkibe decided to treat her daughters to a movie. She was trying to take up as much time as she could to keep the girls away from the farm. They went and watched a movie called "Bad King". Sanem thought this was to ironic. This is what she called Can the first time he took her to his mountain hut. Of course, she was drunk on wine and she actually thought he was a bad king, thanks to Embre convincing her. She was so glad Embre realized his bad ways and changed. She felt her sister, Leyla had a lot to do with it. So, they went in to watch the movie.

Everything was ready back at the farm. The men had quit working on the house for the day and were already back at the farm. Can and Embre went to retrieve the wooden rocking chairs they made for Leyla and Sanem. Can had added the finishing touches to the chairs last night. Sanem's chair had hers and Can's names engraved on it. Leyla's chair had hers and Embre's names engraved on it. They were simply beautiful. One of the tables was completely full of baby gifts. Cey Cey and Muzzo took on the job of being DJs for the baby shower. They were now awaiting the arrival of Mevkibe and the girls.

The movie was over and Mevkibe had gotten a text message from Mihriban that everything was ready. The girls were hungry and suggested they stop for lunch. Mevkibe feigned tiredness and told them she wanted to head back to the farm. They could do lunch there, she suggested. The girls were disappointed but agreed. They hailed a taxi but before they could get in, Huma appeared. She was being nasty and vile today. She told the girls it was there fault her sons wanted nothing to do with her. They both married beneath them and the girls brainwashed her boys. She told Leyla and Sanem that her boys were wake up one day and realize they married trash. Mevkibe heard all she was going to hear and told the girls to get in the taxi. Once they were in the taxi, Mevkibe told Huma she was a very mean and lonely woman. She told Huma it was her fault her sons wanted nothing to do with her. She then hauled her arm back and punched Huma right in the nose. She told Huma to have a nice day and got in the taxi. Sanem and Leyla both stared at their mother with their mouths wide open. They had never saw their mother punch someone before. They were amazed.

They arrived at the farm a short time later. They exited the taxi and heard music playing. They all walked towards the music and found everyone there waiting for them. Everyone screamed surprise! Sanem and Leyla were crying. Can walked up to Sanem and embraced her. He whispered that he loved her and kissed her cheek. He told her to stop crying and go see her friends. She ran to Ayhan and hugged her tightly. She had missed her best friend. Sanem and Leyla went around and greeted everyone. Sanem hugged Metin and Akif. She had become fast friends with both of them. Everyone sat down to eat and drink. Fun was had by everyone. Cey Cey and Muzzo played a slow song, so Can stuck his hand out for Sanem and asked, may I? Sanem jumped up and they headed to the dance area. Embre and Leyla were right behind them. Can held her close and buried his head in her neck. He was rubbing his hands up and down her back. Bulut and Deren joined them on the dance floor. Soon everyone was dancing and having a great time.

After dancing, they played some silly, but funny games. Sanem hadn't laughed so much in her life. One game involved eating baby food and guessing what kind of food it was. It was nasty. Cey Cey and Muzzo seemed to like it and ended up eating all of the baby food. Sanem pulled Can to the side and let him know what had happened with his mother, Huma when they were in town. Can laughed and could not believe Mevkibe punched his mother in the nose. He told Sanem his mother was wrong. She was not the reason he cut ties with his mother. My mother brought all this on herself. He then leaned down and gave Sanem a deep kiss. He told her again that he loved her, and she was every beat of his heart. Sanem told him she would never get tired of hearing this.

Now it was time to open the baby gifts. Leyla and Sanem saw the rocking chairs first and ran over to them. They sat down in the chairs. Sanem was worried she would break the chair since she had gotten fat. Can teased her and told her he made it with extra sturdy wood. Sanem glared at him and everyone laughed. Bulut brought his gifts out. He had made both Leyla and Sanem handmade wooden rocking horses with their daughters' names engraved on them. They each had a pink saddle. Leyla and Sanem loved them. There were so many presents. Their daughters were lucky to have such wonderful people in their lives. Sanem got up to get a drink and let out a whimper. Can ran over to her and asked what was wrong. Sanem looked at him with a scared look on her face. She went pale and told him she thought her water broke. Can looked down at her feet which were drenched in fluid.