HEADED HOME TO ISTANBUL

3 months later

Can and Sanem had traveled to numerous places while on their honeymoon. She was now 4 months pregnant and showing. She was already feeling fat and unattractive. The nausea had stopped, and she wasn't as tired anymore. She seemed to always be hungry though. She was scared that Can would stop finding her attractive the fatter she got. So far, he hadn't acted any different. He got into a routine of kissing her belly and talking to the baby every morning. She loved those moments. She was standing in the bathroom with no shirt on, rubbing lotion on her belly. She read in one of the pregnancy books that Can bought that cocoa butter lotion would help with stretch marks. She was turning from side to side, just looking at her belly. This is how Can found her. He wrapped his arms around her from behind and kissed her neck. He said hello, my beautiful wife. She smiled and said hello, my handsome husband. He said when your done, can you come up top, so we can talk? She told him yes.

Can was sitting on the bench seat looking out to the sea when she came up top. She sat down beside him and asked him what was wrong. He told her nothing was wrong and smiled. He told Sanem he was thinking about heading back to Istanbul before her pregnancy got more advanced. He wanted to be near their family before she got to far along in her pregnancy. He told this has been the best time of his life. He had always traveled alone. But, this time he had her with him to share the experience. He will never forget this time with her. Sanem said she was OK with them heading home, but why did he look so sad? Can smiled and said how could he be sad when he has spent the last 4 months with the love of his life? He told her he just didn't want it to end. Sanem hugged him and told him it would never end. We have our whole lives ahead of us. She asked Can to make her a promise. He said anything. She said when their baby was old enough, they would take this trip again and finish it. Can laughed and said you have a deal. He then leaned over and kissed her passionately.

So, they were headed back home to Istanbul. They had kept in contact with all their family, but never mentioned that she was pregnant. Sanem could not wait to get home and show off her baby bump. Can wanted to start building their log cabin in the woods. He showed her the drawing and fell in love with it. It would take time to build, so they would stay on the farm at Sanem's house until it was complete. Sanem never thought she would ever be this happy. She loved Can so much and she always would. He was her soulmate and now they were going to be a family of three soon. She sat up top and watched Can while he steered the boat. She asked him if he wanted her to start dinner. He smiled and said if you want. Sanem decided on pasta and salad. She headed downstairs to start preparing it. Sanem had gotten better at cooking on a moving boat. It was a disaster at first, but she rather enjoyed it now. When the food was done, she carried it up top to the table. She went back downstairs to get their tea. Can stopped the boat and turned it off, so they could eat. They sat across from each other. Sanem was telling him she had been feeling little flutters in her belly lately. Can said he read in the books that it was just gas. Sanem glared at him and said OK, Dr. Divit. She said it wasn't gas. She told him the baby was moving around. She told him, she read one of the books too. Can just laughed. Sanem told Can she wanted to ask him something and she wanted him to be honest. Can looked at her seriously and said OK. She wanted to know if Can would still find her attractive the bigger, she got. Can got up and sat down beside her. He put his arm around her. He made her look into his eyes. He told her he was extremely attracted to her, more so now, then he was 4 months ago. You are carrying our child. I couldn't be more attracted or more in love then I am right now. He leaned over and put his forehead against hers. He told her she was his life; his everything. He said without her, he would be nothing but an empty shell. She placed on hands on both sides of his cheeks and kissed him. She said I love you, Can Divit. He said and I love you, Sanem Divit.

Sanem started cleaning up dinner and Can restarted the boat to continue their journey back to Istanbul. Once dinner clean up was complete, Sanem changed into her pajamas and bunny slippers. Can loved her bunny slippers. He said it made her childlike. She went back up top. She sat on the bench seat and watched her Can steer the boat. He kept looking at her and smiling. Sanem started looking at the stars. Can asked her to tell him another love story about the constellations. Sanem said OK. She asked him if he ever heard the story of Perseus and Andromeda. Can told her no. Sanem proceeded to tell him. She told him the lovers met when the gods chained Andromeda to a rock to be sacrificed to the sea monster. Perseus was flying home on his winged horse, with the head of Medusa. She told him Medusa could turn a person to stone with one look in her eyes. He came upon Andromeda about to be devoured by the sea monster. He struck a deal with her parents, King Cepheus and Queen Cassiopeia that if he saved Andromeda, then he would win the right to marry her. They agreed. After Perseus slayed the sea monster, he learned that Andromeda's hand was already promised to another. Soon the two men were locked in battle for the hand of Andromeda. Perseus evidently pulled out Medusa's head and turned the other guy to stone. Perseus and Andromeda then lived happily ever after. Can told Sanem he loved her story telling. He could listen to her forever.

Sanem continued to watch the stars. She suddenly saw a shooting star. She yelled for Can to look up. She told Can they had to wish on that shooting star. Can said he didn't need to wish because he had everything he wanted and wished for. Sanem threw herself into his arms and kissed him deeply. She told him all of her wishes had come true too. She kissed him again and ran her fingers through his hair. She told him to stop the boat for the night so they could go to bed. Can smiled and OK. He shut the boat down and took her by the hand. They walked downstairs to bed.