3

Things changed between them.

Jungkook started drifting away from him. This made Jimin extremely upset. He really feels like Jungkook hates him for some reason.

They play video games together every once and a while, but Jungkook sits far away from him and won't look in his direction.

"Why won't you look at me?"

Jungkook pauses the game and sighs. "I knew you'd ask eventually. It's not even a big deal. It's natural, but still it's not normal for me."

"What is it?"

"When you turned 12... You looked different. You weren't just my friend, you were a potential... well, you know. Spouse."

Jimin drops his controller. That was not what he was expecting.

"And I know that just how it's going to be since I'm an alpha and you're an omega, but I just wasn't prepared for it."

"That's... Yeah... That's natural..."

They sit in silence for a minute. Jungkook lets out a sighs of relief. "I'm glad you aren't weirded out by it. Like, were still friends and nothing more, but it's just the biology and stuff kind of made me scared."

"Yeah yeah I get it. Don't worry."

Jungkook scoots closer to Jimin and grins at him. "It felt good to get that off of my chest."

Jimin giggles lightly and Jungkook unpauses the game.

In the other room, Jimin's mom smiles. "Oh my God it's finally happening."

-

Jimin lies in bed for hours, not closing his eyes. He had never even considered thinking about Jungkook as a 'mate'. It's strange. It's foreign. It's abnormal.

But... It makes sense.

They've been so close their whole lives and they know everything about each other. They know each other's favorite foods and colors and they know each other's hardships.

So why shouldn't they end up together?

Jimin looked at Jungkook in the middle of a video game today. Really looked at him. For the first time ever.

He was shocked to see that Jungkook was really attractive. And he's nice. And he cares about Jimin.

So now Jimin is lying in his bed, staring his ceiling, falling hopelessly in love with his best friend.

"What am I gonna do?"

-

Jungkook sits at his desk until 4 am. Saying those words out loud made him feel more comfortable but they didn't help with the fact that Jungkook likes Jimin in a different way. If anything it made it 10 times worse.

Jimin is so pretty. Ever since his birthday that's all Jimin has been. Undeniably pretty. He can't stop thinking about it. Isn't he too young to be this enamored with someone?

Shouldn't this happen when he's 17?

He wants to see Jimin's smile. And his hair. And his eyes. Just him.

He wants him.

He wants to hug him and talk to him and be with him 24/7.

But what if Jimin doesn't feel the same? What if he likes someone else?

Will Jungkook have to watch him fall in love with a different alpha? Will Jungkook always just be his best friend?

It breaks his young heart to imagine that so he looks at the Moon out of his window and wishes a million times that Jimin will be with him in the end.