39

"We loved with a love that was more than love."
Annabel Lee - Edgar Allen Poe

-

Jimin meets up with Jungkook in the main hall after 7th period. He smiles and gives him a kiss.

"How was your first day back?" Jimin lazily wraps his arms around Kook's torso. "It was really really refreshing. I feel like a completely different person now. I don't know how to explain it."

"I think I kind of understand."

"I know it sounds weird, but I'm actually happy that I attempted. Without going through that experience, I wouldn't be feeling like this."

"I guess when you put it that way..."

"Do you have any homework today?" Jungkook shakes his head and Jimin smiles. "Let's go do something fun."

Jungkook pokes Jimin in the stomach. "What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. Let's go on an adventure! I'm sure there's some small mountain we can hike nearby or some field of flowers. We aren't that far from the countryside. We can lay down in the grass and stay there until the stars are out. Doesn't that sound fun?"

Jungkook smiles. "Yeah. I think there's a daisy field nearby, but let's go a bit later. The sun doesn't set for awhile. We should go during golden hour."

Jimin's face lights up. "And we can do a photoshoot! Oh my god that would be so so so fun. Let's do it."

-

They park off the side of the road and Jimin jumps out of the car. There's hundreds of thousands of light pink daisies sprinkled throughout a spring green field.

He runs into it and turns back to look at Jungkook. "Look how pretty it is."

Jungkook smiles and walks over to him. "What do you want to do?" Jimin looks around. "Let's just explore. We can find a place to just sit and hang out."

The area that they live in is generally hilly, so Jimin tries to find the 'best hill for cuddling'. Jungkook finds his excitement absolutely adorable.

Jimin finds a hill the he's satisfied with and he plops down in the flowers. "This is so pretty. It's like a hidden gem tucked away in suburbia. I'm so glad we came here."

Jungkook takes out his phone. "It's golden hour." Jimin lies down in the flowers and let's Jungkook take a few photos. (See photo above).

After they're done, Kook sits next to him. Jimin looks around. "It's kind of cool how these flowers are here even though it's Fall. I know it's abnormally warm, but there was a horrible frost recently."

Jungkook moves Jimin's hair out of his face. "They're kind of like you." Jimin pouts. "How?"

"Theoretically, these flowers shouldn't be here right now because of the harsh weather, but they've survived nonetheless. Now, since they survived the frost, they get a second chance at life. That's why you're like a flower."

Jimin rests his head on Jungkook's shoulder. "That was really cute. I thought you were just going to say that I was small and pretty."

"You're like these flowers in alot of ways. You lived through hard times, you're petite, you're beautiful, you're soft, you bring people joy, and the world wouldn't be beautiful if you were gone. You're the good in the world."

"If I'm the flower, then you're my stem because you support me." Jungkook chuckles. "I guess I am."

Jimin lies down on his back and pulls Kook down too. "Look at how pretty the sky looks." He points at all of the different colored clouds. When he turns his head to see if Kook is looking, he sees that Kookie is only looking at him.

He huffs. "Kookieee look at the sky. The sun is almost completely set." Jungkook shifts over so he can put his arm around Jimin. "The sky is pretty."

Jimin grins and picks a flower, holding it up and looking at it against the pink and purple sky. "If I died, I would've missed this moment. I was really lucky." Jungkook rolls on his side and looks down at Jimin. They look into each other's eyes for a second before kissing.

When Kook pulls away, he plants a soft kiss on Jimin's forehead. "You're my flower."

"