45

The next Thursday, Jungkook drives away from the house after school. Jimin waits for him for an hour. When he gets back, Jimin gives him a kiss. "Where were you?"

"I just had something to do. Nothing serious."

"What was it?"

"You know... stuff."

He pulls away and walks up the stairs. Jimin pouts but ignores it. Everyone has their days. He focuses on finishing his homework at the kitchen table. It's 10 pm by the time he finishes, so he goes upstairs to take a shower.

When he walks in, Jungkook scrambles to put his wrist under his hoodie. Jimin frowns. "What?"

"Nothing."

"What's under the hoodie?"

"I said it's nothing."

"Then take your hand out from under it." He walks forward and tries to pull the hoodie away but Jungkook picks it up and keeps it wrapped around his arm. Jimin crosses his arms. "Just show me if it's not a big deal."

"Can't you just trust me?"

Jimin sniffles slightly. "What are you hiding from me?" He pulls the hoodie away and freezes. He face drops even more. "Why is your wrist wrapped? What happened?"

"Nothing!"

Jimin grabs Jungkook's are but he pulls it back. "It's just healing right now." Jimin tears up. "What's healing? What did you do?"

"It's nothing serious."

"You're really scaring me, Kookie. Show me what's on your arm."

"Why are you getting scared?"

"Tell me what happened? What did you do to yourself?" He wipes a tear off of his cheek and feels his breaths getting shorter.

Jungkook notices and sits him down on the bed. "It was supposed to be a surprise... but I think you're getting the wrong idea." Jimin wipes his cheeks again. "Surprise?"

"Yeah. I'll show you now if you really want to see..." Jimin nods softly. "I'm just really worried, that's all." Jungkook slowly unwraps his wrist and Jimin tilts his head. "Why is there plastic wrap on your wrist?"

Jungkook shows Jimin his wrist. "There's nothing but the smiley face I drew last week. I'm really confused."

"I, uh... I might've gotten it tattooed." Jimin gasps and gets a closer look. "Oh my god it's actually a tattoo! Why did you do this?"

Jungkook kisses his forehead. "Because it reminds me of our camping trip and how happy you are now." Jimin tears up again. "You got my smiley face tattooed? Is it a permanent one?"

"Yeah."

"Oh my god... was it really special enough to permanently put on your skin?" Jungkook shrugs. "You have your mark and I have my tattoo. I think we're even now."

Jimin gives him a kiss. "I love you..."

"I love you too."