73

Jungkook goes through Jimin's room with his mom and pulls out everything he had hidden. There's nothing more than weed and alcohol.

She's sighs. "Was I too harsh with Jimin?"

He shakes his head. "No. I think you were completely fair."

"But... He's never lashed out at me like that."

"He just got defensive of me. He gets pissed when people call me irresponsible or at least imply that I am. I wouldn't take anything he said personally."

"We don't fight. Ever. We've always been like best friends."

"I suggest that Jimin and I stay at my house for a few days. A little separation will help Jimin clear his head. He'll eventually admit that he was wrong."

"If you think it's a good idea then so do I. You know Jimin better than I do these days."

"I just know sex stuff about him. You know Jimin the best out of anybody." They both laugh softly.

"I can grab some of Jimin's clothes and we'll just head to my house."

"Before you go, I need you to promise me something."

Jungkook nods. "Sure. What is it?"

"I really don't care if you smoke or drink, but don't do it around Jimin. Also, don't let him do any drugs. I'll let him drink wine at meals if he wants, but that's it for alcohol."

"Of course."

"The reason I'm so against drugs is because my family has a bad history of addiction. Some of my cousins who were geniuses flunked out of college and lived on the streets for a while because of drugs."

"Then I'll be sure to keep him away from that stuff. I'm sorry for letting him do it in the past..."

"It's okay. Just keep my son happy and healthy. That's all I ask of you."

"I promise I will."

-

Jimin sits on Jungkook's bed. "I can't believe my mom treated you that way. She's known you since we were babies and she knows you're a good person."

"You shouldn't be mad at her. She's looking out for you."

"But it's not like I'm irresponsible or anything."

"I think she's scared of losing you. She wants what's best for you so don't hold a grudge against her."

"I don't even know if I want to spend Christmas with her."

"Don't say that. Christmas is in 3 days. Just give it some time."

"Well, you're my family now and if she doesn't like you, then I don't want anything to do with her."

"She does like me. We talked when I was throwing everything away and she was just trying to keep you safe."

"But you aren't a threat so what's the big deal?"

"It wasn't me that she was scared of, it was the drugs. I promised in the past to keep you safe and she thought I wasn't keeping my promise."

"But she was too harsh."

"Maybe she was getting defensive because you were getting defensive. This whole situation is just a misunderstanding."

"I'm still mad at her."

"That's fine. That feeling will fade eventually."

-