62

During lunch the next day, Jimin decides to clean and organize his locker. When he pulls out a binder, a bunch of loose papers falls out, spreading over the floor.

"Shit..." he gets down to his knees and starts gathering them together.

"Do you need help?"

Jimin looks up and sees Mr. Smith. "Sure. Oh my god, how are there so many sheets?" He kneels down next to him and starts gathering the sheets as well.

"Some of these are old tests and quizzes. Throw away all of the graded stuff."

"I like keeping them to use them as study guides for finals and stuff..."

"They're all A's." He flips through them. "Actually, they're all 100s. You're really smart."

Jimin grins. "Thanks." He grabs the stack from him and puts it on top of the lap already in his lap. He starts sifting through them and pulling out ones he needs to throw away.

"Have you given anyone my number yet?"

"I actually have a class right now. I was on my way to get some copies." Jimin's eyes grow wide. "You should get to your class. I can handle these sheets by myself if you're busy."

"Do you need to clean your locker right now? They're having a work day and I'd like to have you help some of them right now."

"I guess I can do this later."

-

They walk into the classroom together and Mr. Smith puts his hand on Jimin's lower back. The students turn towards them. "This is Park Jimin. He's here to help anyone who needs him."

Meanwhile, Jimin's tense. He can feel Mr. Smith's hand slowly but surely migrating downwards. All of a sudden, one of the students raises their hand. "I need some help."

Jimin smiles and walks away from the uncomfortable situation. The student frowns when he sits down. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"His hand was practically on your ass. He was getting really touchy." Jimin nods softly. "He hasn't done anything like that before. Maybe he didn't notice..."

"I'd be careful around him. Does he try to talk to you often?"

"He's only been here two days but he's asked me to stay back after class both days."

"Then definitely be careful."

"Sorry for changing the subject, but you look really familiar."

"You fell on me at the football game."

"Oh yeah! Your name is Lucas, right?"

"Yeah."

"So what did you need help with?"

"Nothing. You just looked like you wanted to get away from him so I tried to help."

"Thanks. You're the only person I know in this class."

"There's no one worth knowing in this class so you aren't really missing out."

Jimin giggles.

-