Chapter 3

With whatever I could muster, I flew myself to the company.

I felt so guilty. This was a serious and important day for my dad, and here I was being late.

I ran into the building and went straight into the bathroom to change.

From my causal outfit from before I had now become young businesswoman Han Dahye of Han and Co.

The good thing about the outfit was it could cover most of the battle scars I had earned today, and over the years

I sprinted to the meeting room, everyone already inside.

I gulped.

I did not have enough energy for this.

I opened the door casually, bowing curtly at everyone in the room.

"My apologies. The bus from my university was caught up in major traffic," I lied.

I sat down next to my father, giving him an apologetic smile.

I guess judging by the tiny scratches on my cheek, he understood why I was late.

"Well Mister Han, I think this incident is a perfect example of why the company should be under our control," one man spoke up. He looked very serious and businessman-like. Meaning smiling was a rare occasion.

"And why is that Mister Min?" My father questioned.

"Your daughter, the supposed heir to your company, walks in late to a meeting discussing the very future of her own company. She's a child. No experience. No class. No responsibility," he said shortly.

I smiled curtly, my exhaustion lingering on me, "Mister Min, may I ask you a question?"

He nodded.

"He's your son right? Min Yoongi, if I'm not mistaken. Your son is the same age as me. You say we're kids, but as twenty-one year olds, we're of the legal age. If I'm correct, you will be passing down your company to Mini Mister Min over here right? Companies aren't run well, if they're run by hypocrites," I said.

The others looked at me in shock. How dare I insult a business king?

Min Yoongi, who had been pretending to pay attention was now looking my direction with a raised eyebrow.

"Mister Han, how are you going to trust a company's success to an insolent brat like your daughter?!" Mister Min stood up in rage.

My dad was about to say something, but I placed my good hand on his leg.

"Mister Min, if I may point another fact out, Min Corp. was passed down from generations of the Min family. Han and Co. has been started from my father and my father alone. He did this on his own, you and your son have it handed to you. And I do not put any negativity into that fact because I too will receive a hand-me-down if you will. However, my father, being the one who started the whole business, leads me to believe that he's got more business skills than you and Mini Min have combined," I retorted calmly.