Chapter 52

We arrived home shortly, to semi-chaos. Hoseok was there, groaning and running around the house, begging my mother to help him. My father was pretending that he wasn't being bugged by whatever was happening, but his expression showed it all, as well as the fact that he continuously bumped into random items in the house. My mother and brother were confused and concerned, trying to make sure the house didn't crumble at the hands of chaos.

Hoseok latched onto me the minute he saw me, his eyes and mouth desperately begging me to end his suffering.

"Hoseok sit down. Yoongi give him your hand to squeeze so he can try and ease the pain. Dad, you sit down too and mom do the same as Yoongi. Doyum, pass the remote," I instructed.

Like clockwork, everyone did as I asked, silently waiting to see what was happening.

I switched the channel to the news, disturbed with what I saw.

"This is Kim Jiwon live at our HQ. Just like everywhere else, our building has descended into chaos. I'm here to bring you the breaking news of the hour. Reports broke out simultaneously of people complaining about severe migraines that seem to interfere with everything they do. Hospitals are packed with patients as well as the doctors and nurses themselves. You heard me correctly. It seems as if this pandemic has quickly spread throughout the whole of Korea as more and more reports from state governments release official statements. I too am feeling this dizzying pain, but I will bear it for the viewers at home...what's this? Oh my. This just in. It turns out that reports have broken out all over the world! It seems this pain has traveled across the ocean to the Americas, Europe, and all the other continents. Folks, this is much more serious than we thought. The world is going through it. I will stay here and continue to update you all, on the condition of this unbelievable event."

I turned off the news.

"All over the world?!" Doyum asked.

I took off Yoongi's jacket, revealing my fighting clothes. I concentrated hard. Something was causing this but was doing it under my nose. Nothing is allowed to get passed me.

Maybe I concentrated too hard, or our enemy decided to hit us with it, but at that moment, Doyum, my mother, and I fell to the floor.

We screamed in agony and our bodies writhed against the excruciating pain. It was burning and sharp and everything awful at once. I tried fighting against the pain, but everything was draining out of me too quickly for me to fight back.

"Ahhhhh!" Doyum screamed.

"Doyum!" I yelled, half in pain and half in concern.

"Dad! I need you to put Doyum in an ice bath! He's going to get a deathly fever and it needs to be brought down as soon as possible! He's too young to face that kind of fever!" I yelled, my muscles flexing in sheer pain.

My dad, got up weakly, picking up Doyum who was still screaming and crying as his body turned a bright red.

My mom groaned and I could feel her consciousness slipping away. But as I tried to turn to go and help her another round of pain came over us, causing my brother, mother, and I to collectively scream at the same time.

My body was reacting so badly to the pain and drain that it had started to power up on its own so as to combat the awful sensation.

Convulsing and writhing as each second passes, I use every muscle in my core to pull my body up and sit upright. My body, still reacting by powering up and down, shook at each pulsing convulsion my body made.

"Yoongi, come with me. We need to deal with the source immediately," I ordered.

"Dahye, you know you can't do this. Are you nuts?! In case you've officially lost it, you're in terrible condition. I mean you can barely keep your eyes open!" Yoongi exclaimed.

I narrowed my eyes, "Don't fight me on this Yoongi. Not now." I turned to look at the others. "Get to it. Doyum and mom are in for one hell of a day. Until I get this under wraps you all need to—" I slightly swayed to the side, falling gently into Yoongi's arms.

"Dahye are you sure about this?" He asked me.

"I have to be."

He sighed, placing my arm around his shoulder, "Then we're gonna make sure you beat this monster. I won't let you fall. I promise."

And with that we took off, leaving the agonizing screams of my brother and mom behind.

Of course, our flight had several stops where I would scream my head off in agony and almost spiral to the ground, but other than that it was pretty smooth sailing.

Shortly after, we arrive at an island that looks strikingly similar to one I've been to before.

My head was still throbbing and I was feeling woozy but I kept my guard up as Yoongi and I searched the island.

Suddenly a loud laugh cuts in, "Aha! Welcome! I've been expecting you. Miss Han is it? How are you holding up? Seeing as my power has caused you and your family great misery recently."

We look up to see a strange creature, identical to a monster I had fought before.

"Who are you? And what do you want?" I snarled, trying to ignore that rapid fatigue that was crawling up my body.

"Aha, well you see, I'm a friend of a friend you might say. A friend you defeated a long while ago. This friend's name was...Vexacion. Does it...ring a bell?"

Yoongi's face turns into a scowl. I was too drained to really remember the name but seeing Yoongi's expression made me think that this foe was not a fan favorite.

"My name is Vexocate. I am his brother. Older. Wiser. Stronger. The hidden gem of the family, here to make your life end as pitifully as my brother's did."