Chapter 67

I woke up early, getting ready for another day of training.

I changed into my clothes and was getting ready to head out when a comforting hand rested on my shoulder.

I turned to see my mother smiling warmly at me.

"Off for more training?" She asked.

I nodded.

Her hand gently stroked my back. She pressed a loving kiss to my cheek.

"You're so strong babygirl. I could've never done what you have," she sighed.

I held her hand, "No one was expecting you to mom. You were a kid who wanted a normal life. No one could fault you for that."

"And who's to say you didn't want a normal life," she said.

I gave a sad smile, "Maybe I did, but I can't say that was my full grasp on everything. I was six years old when I found out about my powers. At six years old, finding out that I had the ability to be a superhero, like the ones on TV, made me feel giddy as hell."

"But because of my cowardice, you're carrying on the fate that was bound to me," she said.

"I chose that mom. I could've backed out so many times. But I didn't. I'm well aware of how my destiny fits into this and where it all ends. But I chose this. So never forget that. And I'd choose it over and over again to be honest. I wouldn't trade all of my experience for anything," I said.

She smiled, "Spoken like a true Koastean."

"Did your dad ever tell you stories about his mom and his dad?" I asked.

She smiled brightly, "He was quite young when he left his mom, but from what he remembered, he would talk my ear off about her. I would've loved to know her, but from all that I was told, I can feel her lineage running through my veins. The same way it's running through you."

I smiled, "I'm going to honor her prophecy. And I'm going to end this. Too many casualties have happened because of him. It's time to rid of him."

"That's my girl."

I grabbed my stuff and headed out, taking a leisurely walk. On my way, I stopped by a cafe to pick up two coffees and a smoothie. The barista was so shocked by my presence that she made my order fast without charge. But I still paid the amount in the tip jar. I knew business probably wasn't great.

I then left and continued to my office. I arrived their shortly after, heading down to the chambers.

No one was there yet, so I went ahead and opened up the two chambers, leaving the drinks outside. I went inside mine, surveying the marks made the day prior.

"Three more days. Wow. It's really almost over. Fifteen years of suffering almost over. Gone like a memory," I sighed.

"Woah, look at this kiddo! Looks like your sister picked up some drinks for us!" A familiar voice cheered.

I turned to see Doyum and Yoongi staring happily at the drinks.

"Coffee is yours Yoongles. Smoothie for Doyummie," I hummed.

"What?! I want coffee," Doyum whined.

"If I gave you that, you'd have an unfair advantage against Yoongi in your training," I joked.

Yoongi shot me a dramatic look while Doyum's eyes lit up with excitement.

"Give me some of your's Dahye!" He begged.

"Fat chance kiddo. This is mine," I said, taking my coffee and taking a big sip, letting the bitterness run down my throat.