Chapter 54

Dahye POV

Oh boy, here we go.

The darkness enveloped me as I walked, waiting for something to jump out at me. But with every step I took, I felt myself descend more and more into a feeling of loneliness.

"What is this?" I said sadly, the atmosphere tugging at my heartstrings.

"Han Dahye."

I gritted my teeth.

There in front of me stood Min himself, proudly looking on at me.

"Can I help you?" I asked annoyedly.

"I just want to talk."

"About? And why the sudden 'hospitality?' You're not one for being civil."

"It's different this time."

"Of course it is. As if this isn't ultimately some planet you're trying to take eliminate."

"That's where you're wrong Dahye. This planet was far away from my knowledge. It was your grandfather and great-grandfather who led me here. But I'm glad I came. I've found quite the prize," he smirked.

"This is all some game to you, and that's really unfortunate. This is my world's fate on the line. So this isn't some game. I beat you when I was eight, and I will between now, thirteen years later, no matter how much 'training' you think you've had," I spat.

"Bold words from someone with a broken future," he huffed.

"And that's what sets me apart from you. I focus on the now and make sure that the now stays as perfect as it can be. I don't plan eons in advance to cause damage. I work to fix it. No matter the end result."

He laughed...and laughed...and laughed.

The darkness peeled away revealing a very familiar little girl.

"Imagine the life you could've led."

Images of a young six year old girl surrounded me. A six year old with no special powers and no need to save the world. A six year old with more friends than she can count. A six year old with no cares in the world, spending her life happily with her mother and father.

My hand reached out to her as the images fade away.

"A choice was made. And that choice was made for you. But it changed your life forever. Your life could've been so much more. And I'm saying this because I know your mom can see your dreams. She did this to you. She dropped all the responsibility on you. She was weak. But you—you're special. You don't regret not having that life and you focus on the one you have now. It's a shame really. If only there was someone who could give you that life back."

"Get to the point Min."

"My point is...I can give you that life back. Quite easily actually."

"And the catch?"

"You're a smart one. The catch is that you join us. I'll leave your world be. I truly have no desire to destroy it yet."

I scoffed, "You must be out of your mind. My life is here. Everything I need is right here. Not to mention that I'm not protecting Earth alone. I've got the whole damn universe riding on me too. And I'm not about to let you ruin everyone's chance of having a safe and happy life."

He snickered, "I figured you'd reject my offer but there's no harm in trying. I guess that concludes this then. See you soon Han Dahye."