Chapter 46

Dahye POV

I woke up beside Yoongi at around six in the morning. I rubbed my eyes tiredly, cracking my back as I stretched.

I could feel something gently touch my wounded shoulder, causing me to shiver.

Yoongi was sitting upright beside me, lighting brushing his fingers over the bandages on my back.

"Go back to sleep," I hummed.

His touch felt so distant.

"I'm sorry. I hurt you. That jerk made me hurt you. And I let him. I let him make me hurt you. God Dahye, I'm so sorry," he huffed.

I turned to face him, cupping his face in my hands, "There is no reason for you to apologize. Wounds heal with time. What's important to me, is that you are you again. That you're the Min Yoongi who loves music and being a squish. Not the Min Yoongi who tries way too hard to impress someone who isn't worth it. The Min Yoongi I know, doesn't care what anyone else thinks of him. He only strives to do the best he can do with what he's got. That's my Yoongi. Is that Yoongi here with me?"

He nodded shyly.

I pressed a gentle kiss onto his tired lips. He reciprocated immediately, taking advantage of my positioning.

After a tender moment, I pulled back abruptly, "If you're that Min Yoongi, then I don't want an apology. Because you being you again, is all that I need."

"I love you so much Dahye," he said.

I'd never get tired of hearing those words from him.

"I love you too. Now go back to bed. I'm going to work, but I'll come by after and drop you home," I said.

I turned to leave, heading out for my fail jog.

Time Skip

After my jog, I quickly changed into my work clothes, packing my fight ones in my bag.

"Dahye?" A sleepy voice called.

I turned to see Doyum tiredly rubbing his eyes.

"What's up Doyummie?" I asked.

"Can I come with you to work?" He tiredly asked.

"You have school work, and look like you need at least another five hours of sleep," I remarked.

"I'll do my work at your office, and I'm not sleepy I'm wide awake!" He perked up.

I cocked an eyebrow. Though I just forced Yoongi to stay home, the excitement in Doyum's voice intrigued me.

"Promise?" I questioned.

He nodded firmly.

I reached my hand out for his, securely fitting his smaller hand in mine.

"Then let's go," I smiled.

After our short walk to the office, I made sure to introduce him to all the employees and got him set up in my office.

"I have a few meetings today, so when that happens, you should go sit with dad," I instructed.

His face fell when he pulled out his work.

"Why can't I go to school yet?" He whined.

I chuckled, "It's not very safe. But that's the first I've heard about someone complaining about not going to school."

"Yeah because it's so boring at home!" He exclaimed.

I rolled my eyes playfully, settling into my chair and starting on my work.

Time Skip

"Daddy can I work here when I'm older~" Doyum whined.

I chuckled, "You can absolutely work here if you want."

My dad frowned, "You want to work in this boring business. You and your sister are not very different are you?"

"I think we were meant to be siblings," I giggled.

Doyum lightly rugged on the bottom of my blazer.

"Can I go train?" He asked suddenly.

My eyes widened, "Train? Why would you want to do that?"

He avoided my eyes, "I want to help you fight, but I won't be able to do anything if I sit around and do nothing."

I crouched down so that our eyes met, "Doyummie, listen to me. I'm extremely thankful and relieved that someone is like me and that I'm not alone. But when I was six, I lost my childhood and my right to be a kid. And that was all my choice. When I was your age, I was thrown into a fight, knowing that I was the only one who could do anything about it. With all of that in mind, I threw everything away. You have best friends, and I never had that. But I did that for the purpose of completing my destiny. This is my purpose. To fight. The world will need others fighters around after it's over too. You don't have to work to help me, because I know you Doyum. You're exactly like me. You'll do the same thing I did, and I don't want you going into your twenties realizing that the world has so many beautiful aspects to it."

"But you'll win the fight, so why would I have to worry about protecting the world later on. You'll be there won't you?" He asked.

I gave a halfhearted smile, "Sure I will. But by then I'll be too old. Maybe I'll have a family of my own, and I'll lose my touch. That's why you shouldn't push yourself."

"Please. Just this once. I want to know what it's like to really train. All I do in our bedroom is try and punch and kick stuffed animals," he pleaded.

I wasn't sure.

He was only eight.

But then again, something inside of me urged me to let him. Like I'd need him to be able to fight.

I bit the inside of my cheek, but reluctantly agreed, leading him to the gravity chamber.

"But I will be in there with you, monitoring you at all times," I warned.

"Fine. Only if you spar with me," he compromised.

I scoffed, "I don't think that's a good idea."

"Don't  me. I won't take it easy on you just because you're my big sister," his eyes shimmered.

For an eight year old, he was pretty terrifying when he threatened you.

Once we were inside, I went to the control panel to adjust the gravity.

I switched it to one hundred times the gravity, which caught Doyum off guard.

"Woah!" He huffed, falling to the floor.

I grimaced, "Let me know if it's too much."

I could hear him snicker. Within thirty seconds, he pushed himself off the ground and slowly charged at me.

"You're one tough little kid aren't you."

Time Skip

After about an hour or two we finally stopped, ending up sparring at two hundred times the normal gravity.

"That was good little bro. You're really good a fighting. I guess fighting teddy bears paid off. I mean I had to change into fighting clothes," I complimented.

He was breathing hard but he let out a soft, "Thank you."

"If you keep it up, you'll be perfect for—"

Doyum and I's heads turned in the direction of a new power source.

I looked at him, smiling softly, "I don't know if you're too tired, but do you want to come and fight with me."

He sat upright, "Seriously?!"

I chuckled, "I mean it."

He nodded furiously.

I helped him off the ground, and then we ran out of the backside of the building and flew to where our next fight was waiting for us.