Chapter 47

Doyum and I were flying side by side. From the corner of my eye I could see Doyum spinning in circles, enjoying the feeling of the breeze against him.

When he caught my gaze, he went back to flying stoically.

I chuckled lightly, "There's nothing wrong with having fun Doyum. Just stay on your toes."

We arrive at an abandoned warehouse in the outskirts of Daegu.

This was the first time I had been brought to a location like this. It was usually on an island, forest, and occasionally in the cities where they would show up.

I was feeling uneasy about the sudden location change.

"Keep your guard up Doyum. Stay close to me, and whatever you do, conceal your power as much as possible," I warned.

We walked with wary steps, both of us too scared to make a sound.

I whipped my head around when I felt something run behind us. But there was nothing.

I scanned the area behind us.

Doyum didn't seem to feel what I was talking, but I swear something was there.

There was no power level, but it felt like someone or something was watching us.

Doyum tugged on my hand, signaling for us to keep going forward. His eyes held nothing but excitement and adventure.

But I couldn't shake the feeling that we were being watched.

My steps were lighter than before, my breathing quieter than a mouse.

Doyum and I made it around the whole warehouse and couldn't find anything.

As we were about to turn back, I felt something brush past my side.

I jumped, standing defensively. My hands were balled into fists, and my face was contorted in concentration as I tried to calm my energy.

"Where are you?" I growled.

"Dahye?" Doyum asked worriedly.

"Watch your back Doyum! Something is definitely here!" I shouted.

"Something is there. But can you find it," Min cackled in my head.

I gritted my teeth.

"Where are you?!" I called out again.

I stayed close to Doyum, making sure that he wouldn't get caught in any crossfire.

And then, for a split second, I could feel our attackers movement.

I turned around and stopped the punch that was aiming straight for my head, and thus our stalker and enemy, had been revealed.

"The name's Talon. But I'm sure you won't be saying that name or any other after today."

The monster was a short creature that was probably the most unearthly being I've faced. Talon was the definition of an alien species.

"Well well well what do we have here?"

Talon's gaze fell on Doyum.

"You brought a spectator with you? I didn't expect you to bring innocent people, a child for that matter to watch our fight. But then again, I do remember Master Minderean mentioning a younger brother. Have you resorted to fighting alongside someone? You're going weak. Anyway, latchers, let's have some fun shall we?"

"Doyum! Listen to me. I need you to handle the latchers while I deal with this one! You will be fine! Just try and eliminate groups at a time and don't let them multiply or latch onto you!" I exclaimed.

Doyum nodded, powering up against the army of latchers that had arrived.

Once I was satisfied that he'd be fine, I charged at Talon without second thought.

We clashed like swords, sparks flying as we quickly moved against each other. Every time we made an inkling of contact with each other, it was like adding wood to a burning fire. It was absolutely insane.

But we kept at it. My power was restraining against my control, but I managed to keep it at a level just before the one where golden light envelopes me. It was obvious that Talon was trying to push through my control so my full power could be unveiled. But I wasn't too easily fooled.

I caught one of Talon's punches that halted the fight. Her fist was tightly encased by my hand, which allowed Talon to take a breather.

Talon's chest rose and fell, big breaths escaping what were apparent lips.

"You're good Han. If you weren't on the wrong side of the court, we could've been fantastic friends," Talon huffed.

I smirked, tightening my grip on the fist, "Ditto."

Using Talon's fist that was trapped in my hand, I swung around and kicked Talon in the face, causing Talon to spiral out of control.

With the short burst of time I had, I quickly glanced at Doyum to make sure he was doing okay.

In the split second that I dropped my focus, a pain erupted in my still wounded shoulder.

I winced, turning to see Talon smirking with a fist clenched.

"Didn't take you for someone who would let their guard down for someone else," Talon remarked.

He formed an orb in the palm of his hand, directly aiming it at Doyum.

I gritted my teeth, rushing to stand in front of Doyum.

He had managed to finish off the last of the latchers and was surprised when I appeared in front of him.

Just as I got there, Talon released the blast. It hit the palms of my hands, fighting against my resistance.

Talon pinched its fingers together, which caused the intensity of the blast to increase.

I grunted as I tried to redirect it.

"Dahye!" Doyum exclaimed.

He came beside me, putting his small palms against the blast.

"Doyum stop! It'll be too strong for you!" I yelled.

"I won't let you get hurt!" He shouted.

He formed a blast of his own and released it against Talon's blast.

I moved out of the way so I wouldn't get caught in the crossfire.

With me out of the way, Doyum's eyebrows furrowed as he concentrated on his blast more. He released more energy, enhancing the blast.

And then I realized what he was trying to do. He wanted to use the element of surprise against Talon. And to do that, he was using a blast to distract him so I could go from behind and finish him.

Doyum made eye contact with me, giving me a serious nod.

I nodded back, moving fast to get behind Talon.

Because the focus was entirely on the blast, I wouldn't be detected.

I formed a radiant blue blast, and released it against Talon.

Before Talon had time to react the blast him him square in the back. He immediately stopped his blast against Doyum, which caused the two blasts to hit at the same time.

He screamed in agony as the blasts slowly left nothing but dust in the old warehouse.

I held my sore shoulder, but was unhurt other than that.

Doyum on the other hand was breathing hard.

I ran to him, "Are you okay?"

He nodded tiredly, giving me a satisfied smile.

"That was fun. I'm going to train more so I won't be tired after. But I'm going to be as good as you," he hummed tiredly.

I smiled, "You'll get there eventually. But don't push it. Now let's get back home."

I sat on the ground so that Doyum could get on my back.

Once he was on, we took of towards home.