Chapter 36

As soon as I sensed them, a blast was released creating a massive crater in the middle of the park. No one was hurt, but many people were shocked and scrambling.

"Help!" A small voice shouted.

Hoseok and I turned to see a young girl looking around frantically.

We ran over to her.

"Hi there. Are you hurt anywhere?" I asked softly.

She shook her head, "But my younger sisters, were playing and now I don't know where they are. My parents were out of the house so I took my sisters out because they were begging me to take them to the park."

"What's your name sweetheart?" I asked.

"So-Mi. My younger sisters are twins named
So-Ri and So-Ra. Please help me. They're only six," she pleaded.

I gritted my teeth. Another blast was being formed, and it was in our direction.

"So-Mi unnie!" Two small voices called.

Our heads turned in the direction of two identical twins.

I turned to Hoseok, "I need you to get these three home. You all need to run as fast as possible."

Hoseok nodded seriously, grabbing the girls and running away.

I appeared in front of the creature who was forming the blast, causing it to falter and stop its blast.

My eyes narrowed at the one leading the troops.

"Drakkar."

Behind Drakkar were two identical purple creatures, and behind them were three other strange creatures. Not to mention, behind them were an army of latchers.

"I see you brought in the cavalry," I remarked.

"The boss wants you back as soon as possible. At all costs," Drakkar replied.

"She seems weak," one of the identical twins scoffed.

"Don't underestimate her. She survived over twenty-four hours with poison in her system, along with a power drain. She's stronger than you think, which is why you must focus in this battle. But mind you, she's not at her full strength just yet," Drakkar advised.

I stood with my arms crossed, waiting for their first move.

"Let the latchers go first," one of the creatures in the back said.

At the mention of their name, the army of latchers came lunging at me.

I flew up into the air, all of them making a beeline to get to me. There were a lot of them, so fending them off was difficult.

But I was tired of dealing with latchers, so I quickly formed a blast and destroyed almost all of them in one shot.

The rest just grinned stupidly. And that's when I realized that one had been behind me the whole time. It latched onto my body, and started squeezing. It was stronger. Much more effective, and definitely harder to get out of.

"That's thanks to you Dahye. The energy we drained from you was used to make us all a lot stronger," a familiar voice cackled in my head.

I shut my eyes trying to find the center, since all the ones that were left were the copies and the one original.

"Found you," I said.

I managed to free my arms from the latcher's grasp. With my arms free I formed a blast and hit the original. All of the latchers including the one on my back, fell off, disintegrating into nothingness.

I exhaled deeply, trying to catch my breath.

"You're better than I thought. Can we take a swing at her?" One of the identical twins begged.

Drakkar smirked, "She's all yours ladies."

The two twins appeared in front of me.

"I'm Amarant, and she's Amaranth," one of them said.

Without another word they started attacking. And they were fast. It was hard to block or dodge their moves.

At one point they were on either side of me and were each throwing their own attack. My limbs were in position to block them, but it felt like time froze for a split second and then next thing I knew, their attacks had switched and I ended up giving them an opening.

I wiped the blood that had started dripping from my lip.

"Did you like that little trick? It's Amarant and I's special move. Just as we attack, we switch places and then the thing we're fighting gets tripped up," the one called Amaranth explained.

They were using the fact that they were carbon copies of each other to confuse me. Even when I went on the offense, the two of them ended up using that same move, causing everything I did to be futile.

I had managed to not get hurt too badly. Just some minor punches and all. The thing about them was that they weren't good fighter. They were tricky ones, but if they didn't have that little skill, they would've been gone a long time ago.

"They're useless without each other," I murmured.

With this knowledge in mind, I turned my attention on only one of the twins. Completely ignoring the other, I lunged for one of them.

I could feel the energy in my body surging again. Crackles of white were emanating from my palms. Without my focus to do so, my body suddenly powered up and a white aura was now surrounding me.

My attack completely blindsided them and proved my theory that they weren't very good fighters on their own. The twin I was fighting had no mechanism of defense or offense. And I used it to my advantage. I smacked her down to the ground. She was already too weak to fight back. She hit the crater that had been made earlier, causing the crater to cave in a bit more from the impact.

"Amaranth!" The other one screeched.

Her eyes were ablaze.

"Looks like someone is angry," I mocked.

She charged at me, her fury unleashing. But if one isn't fighting with a relatively clear head and can't keep their anger in check, one starts to lose control.

Every attack she threw was evadable. However, she did manage to make a substantial blow, but that just made my power bubble inside of me even more. It wanted to burst.

I lunged back at her, going on the offense. She had no defense and just painfully took my attacks.

After I smacked her down to the ground, I guess she tried doing the teleport thing with her sister, but it didn't end up doing any good, because Amarant ended up laying in the crater while Amaranth took her spot in falling back down again.

Once the two were laying in the center of the crater, I couldn't help but feel a bit of remorse for them.

"I'll spare you, but you have to leave here and stop terrorizing planets and its inhabitants," I offered.

There was faint snickers from the girls, "Our soul purpose was to serve Lord Minderean. We'll die for him."

Their loyalty to him, was different than others that I had faced. It was a sad loyalty. Almost like a loyalty a child had towards their parents.

And that was exactly it. Min had destroyed their planet when they were babies. He took them with him and raised them to be fighters.

It was sick.

From what I could tell, if they weren't brainwashed to destroy me or Earth, they would've been normal girls who wouldn't cause harm.

But there was no time to be emotional. There wasn't a shred of remorse in their hearts. I could feel it. They were pure evil.

The blast built up in the palm of my hand, releasing in a power white beam, hitting the crater where the girls were.

There was no scream or anything. They willingly took the blast for their boss.

I was upset by the thought, but there wasn't time to lament. I still had four other monsters to deal with.