Chapter 51

Yoongi POV

"You're wearing that?!" Was the first thing I exclaimed when she came from the bedroom.

She was wearing her usual fight clothes with one of my jackets on.

"Jeez what's your problem in life?" She scoffed.

"The paparazzi, dispatch, society in general!" I exclaimed.

"Chill. I got the jacket for a reason. Plus, this was the only pair of clothes I left here," she rolled her eyes.

I trusted her. But I was also worried for her, as I should be. The slightest wrong move could stir up pointless drama and do damage to our incognito-ness. But Dahye knew better than I did. She wouldn't do anything compromising no matter what.

"Anyway, I've got our date planned out! Just the two of us, and the entire day to waste away!" She beamed.

Seeing her smile a bright and genuinely felt like seeing a shooting star. Everything fluffy thrown into a blender is what Dahye's smiles are. Pure joy and innocence. I loved seeing those smiles.

I tossed her a mask, flashing her a quick wink before taking her hand in mine and heading out.

We kept our heads down as my security team surrounded us, making sure no lurking dispatch workers did anything.

I held Dahye's hand tightly as we made our way to the car. With everything that's going on, we really can't be out in public on our own anymore. For the smallest amount of privacy we need a security team around us at all times.

She whispered to the driver as we got into the car.

"So mind telling me where we're going?" I asked.

She replied with a mischievous, "Nope."

We pushed past all the reporters and curious civilians, heading on a road of quietness.

"You know, never in my life would I think that I'd get this much attention from media. I was all about stealth, but it's really gotten to the point where I can't even hide from them," she sighed sadly.

"Dahye—"

She shook her head, "It doesn't matter. They're doing their job and I'm doing mine. In the end, it's all good."

She gave me a gentle smile. Then she got up and whispered something in the driver's ear, allowing him to drive past the crowd of reporters.

She started acting very cheeky, randomly smiling at me like a crazy person, but whatever was making her so joyful was good enough for me.

Time Skip

Dahye POV

"Might I ask what the purpose of seeing that movie was?" Yoongi asked, trying not to show how he was tearing up.

"Are you crying?" I questioned.

"No."

"Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes.

"Yes."

"Ha, you agreed!"

He scowled, wiping his eyes with the sleeves of his shirt. I chuckled at his coyness, pulling him in for a kiss. My elbows were tucked in slightly as I gently cupped his face. His arms wrapped around my waist, pulling me close to his chest. So close that our heartbeats melded together as one, and are breaths started their own rhythmic pattern. In moments like these, the world and its problems disappear. The press and reporters waiting for the next juicy gossip story vanish. In that moment it's just Yoongi and I, loving as hard as we can. At least I'm loving as hard as I can, because I don't know when or if I'll ever get a chance to love as hard again. We pulled back breathlessly, our eyes shimmering like galaxies within galaxies formed by pure love and ecstasy.