Chapter 50

My eyes fluttered open, quickly adjusting to the light. I was surprised by the fact that it wasn't some odd hour in the night.

"What a dream," I purred.

I rolled around in the soft blankets for a bit, attempting to go back to sleep. The bed was so perfect and maneuvered itself to fit my needs. I was in sleep heaven.

But as I was ready to go back into dreamland, a captivating scent jarred my eyes open.

I shot out of bed, practically running into the kitchen to see what Yoongi had cooked.

"Yoongles?" I softly called.

There was no answer. Curious, I entered the kitchen.

I was surprised to see Yoongi hopping around the kitchen, one hand occupied with a frying pan, and the other occupied with typing something on his laptop.

He had his headphones in, and was vigorously and diligently moving back and forth between cooking and working.

His soft hums were sweet and carefree. Just an average twenty year old listening to his jams, you know.

I got closer, still undetected, and caught a glimpse of a notebook next to his computer. On the title line read "Her" with a bunch of lyrics, some in English but most in Korean. Then there was a line and under that line read "Recipe for Yummy Eggs" with a recipe list, and my name doodled with hearts around it.

"Cute," I giggled.

I snuck even closer so that we were centimeters apart. And when he turned his attention onto the food, I snatched the headphones off of his head and put them on my ears.

"Oh my god! Holy—jeez you surprised me," He squeaked.

But I was too busy listening to the song. It was so mellow and chill, but the lyrics were so endearing and adorable. I was completely entranced by the song. The extent of Yoongi's talent couldn't be described by this piece, but it definitely highlighted major parts of it. No wonder he never wanted to be in the business career. He's got a perfect career in the palm of his hands.

He tried grabbing the headphones off of my head, but I held onto it tightly, and since I was Han Dahye, there was no way Yoongi would be able to break my hold on it.

So I managed to listen to the whole song, and while there was no words added into the song yet, I could picture where the words fit in. It was definitely catchy to say the least, although I don't think there's a word to describe how amazing the song is.

When it was over, Yoongi snatched the headphones off of my head and quickly hid his lyric book.

"Aww it was cute though," I cooed.

His face lit on fire.

I sampled the green peppers he was about to mix into his food, feeling triumphant.

"Because of that, I'm taking you out on a date," he pouted.

I snickered, "Is that supposed to be my punishment, because I'm all in for a date."

"Good," he huffed.

I chuckled, "How are you feeling? And follow-up question, how did you recover so that fast?"

He averted his eyes a bit, staring intently at the frying pan in front of him.

"What did you do?" I questioned.

He fiddled with the frying pan a bit, flipping the egg back and forth over and over again.

"It's nothing important. Nothing harmful or dangerous or anything like that," he softly spoke.

I gave him a serious look.

"Fine! If it's so important, I woke up this morning and just let my powers heal my fatigue a bit," he blurted.

My eyes narrowed, "Yoongi, that's not safe."

"But I'm fine Dahye!" He exclaimed.

"Yoongi, your powers are very raw and inexperienced. You could've fatally worsened the effect on your body. Even I rarely let my energy repair my wounds and fatigue. Not to mention, you build more strength and stamina when you let things heal naturally," I berated.

He rolled his eyes, "It's not a big deal. Relax okay?"

I sighed, wrapping my arms around his shoulders, "Please listen to me. I don't want to lose you."

He gave me a soft look, "You'll never lose me. You're going to be stuck with me forever."

"Really?"

"Really."

He finished cooking the food he was making and served the both of us.

"Good god Yoongi teach me how to cook as amazingly as you do," I hummed in pleasure.

He chuckled, "Sometimes, things are best left as secrets hmm? Isn't that what you told me?"

I rolled my eyes, "You're a tease."

"But you love it," he smirked.

"Maybe," I winked.

The food was perfect but if I went into detail, well it may take a whole year to finish reading. Instead, to put it simply, I'd put my life on the line for his delicious, perfect, tangy, to-die-for food.

He cleared his throat, "So how's the shoulder?"

I smiled, "It's fine. I'm going to take off the bandage today. I told you it was nothing more than a deep scratch. And since I let it heal with time, it'll be better than it was before."

"You couldn't resist throwing it in there could you?" He laughed.

I giggled, "I saw an opportunity and I took it."

He gave me a mischievous grin before he proceeded to tickle me half to death.

I laughed, my lungs dying as I begged him to stop.

I squirmed on the floor, defenseless against the attack.

He stood over my red-from-laughing face, clicking his tongue mockingly.

"Have fun planning our date princess," he snickered.