Chapter 9

I opened my eyes, staring at the clock under the TV.

It was the first time that I hadn't had a terrible nightmare that woke me up super early.

It was a strange dream, but maybe today the universe pitied me.

As I woke up more, I could feel the splitting headache set in.

"Guess the fever isn't over yet," I groaned.

It didn't help that when I got off of the couch every bone in my body was aching.

On the kitchen counter was a cup of cocoa with a little note next to it.

You're bedridden today. Your fever was crazy during the night. You kept saying incoherent words, but you sounded super pumped. Anyway, you sounded insane so stay home today.

~Dad

Yeah, sorry dad but that's definitely not an option. The reason I had desperately asked if I could take off from school was because it was a Friday, which meant I could take today and the rest of the weekend to train nonstop.

I got ready and gathered three sets of my fighting wear and a normal outfit.

Me: Hobi I'm sick today, can u let me know what we do today🙏🙏🙏🙏

Hobi😂: Somehow I don't believe that you are

Me: Sir I have a fever, don't question it. But I'm also going to train🙃✊🏼

Hobi😂: You have a fever yet you're going to train

Hobi😂: You realize you sound crazy

Me: I don't really care

Hobi😂: But what if something happens while you are training

Me: I'll go and fight them. I can still sense energies when I train🙃

Hobi😂: Ok

Hobi😂: Don't kill yourself training please. You always take these things too seriously and do damage to yourself. Just be careful. You deserve to rest once in a while

Me: Thanks Hobi. I really needed that. I'll try and be safe for my best friend

I was about to put my phone away when I got another text.

Unknown: Is this Dahye

Unknown: It's Yoongi

I added his contact into my phone.

Mini: I got your number from your dad

Me: Yeah. Thanks for dropping off my bag

Mini: Yeah sure, but are you okay? You just vanished off the face of the Earth

Me: I'm so sorry about that. I'll make it up to you somehow

Mini: How about dinner at my house today? My dad is out of town

Me: Sorry I can't do today or the rest of the weekend. I'm really sick 😷

Mini: Oh gosh do you need me to bring you soup

Me: No that's okay. Thank you though. I'm super contagious so it's best to stay away while I recover

Mini: Ok

Mini: Feel better

Mini: Ttyl

Min Yoongi texts phrases like 'ttyl?'

I found myself smiling like an idiot. I've known him for literally two or three days but I couldn't shake this weird feeling whenever I was with him.

I shook myself out of my daze and packed the rest of my stuff in a backpack.

I wrote a quick message to my dad and then headed out.

Yes, I was walking around in public with what I wore to battles and training.

My head was still swimming, but I managed to push through and reach the office.

I kept my head low, hoping no one would recognize me. Luckily, everyone was so immersed in work that they didn't see or care for my presence.

I headed down to the invention basement, walking straight for Misses Jung.

I lightly tapped her shoulder, causing her to turn.

"Dahye you're here! Your father said you had a fever!" She exclaimed.

"I do. But I'm here to see if the thing is done," I admitted.

She smiled, leading me to one of the experiment rooms.

"The room is all yours. All you have to do is put your fingerprint and it'll let you in," she explained.

I hugged her tightly, "Thank you so much."

She nodded, grabbing my non wounded hand and placing a finger on the scanner.

The door opened with a swoosh.

Misses Jung waved as the door closed behind me. I loved her because she never questioned some of the things I did.

I sniffled, observing the cylindric structure in front of me.

I pressed a button on the front which opened the door to the gravity chamber.

My sneakers tapped melodically on the marble tiles.

In the center was a giant control panel, with buttons and levers galore. Turns out this was equipped with many homely features, like bathrooms and a bedroom.

But all I cared for was the main control that was sectioned off by a little metal square.

The gravity control.

"No time to waste," I sneezed.

I had made a plan. I had three days in here, and I was going to make the best of it.

First I was going to train will gravity five-hundred times less than Earth's. Then I would do five-hundred times more. And then on the last day, I'd do normal, and put my training into use.

I took the dial on the main control and set it all the way down.

Almost immediately my back was stuck to the ceiling.

I wouldn't be able to fly in this gravity, but what I intended to do was use the gravity as a method of flying around. I needed to be able to get places faster and not just float around as if I was walking on the moon.

The goal was to be able to walk as if this was my own gravity by this same time tomorrow morning.