Chapter 34

So this is gonna be her dream of the night that everyone reunited

My hands were balled into fists as I wandered the familiar darkness once again.

For the first time in a long time, I was actually feeling nervous.

I bit my lip anxiously, cautiously navigating the dark space.

"You made a grave mistake!" A familiar loud voice blared.

"Min."

"That little escape of yours was pure luck thanks to my useless servant. But what you attempted was foolish. Now we will stop at nothing to bring you back. Every worthless being and structure will be destroyed if you don't show yourself the minute we show up. You've started this apocalypse and we'll finish it. We came peacefully, but now the games begin," his voice was low and serious.

I noticed that I was now wearing my fighting clothes.

"Why me? What is so special about me huh? Wasn't it my mother you wanted? Or rather my grandfather and his father? Why me? What's so special about me? I'm less alien than I am human. I would be less powerful than they were," I reasoned. I was trying to buy myself time so I could get questions answered.

A hoarse cackle erupted, "That's what you think my dear. But it's the exact opposite actually. Before we destroyed that irrelevant planet known as Koastea, your grandmother spoke wistfully about you. You'd think that the more mortal you are the weaker you'd be. But that thinking is wrong. Because you are more human, you have the capability of harnessing your power better. Not to mention you rely a lot on emotional attachments which somehow elevate your power. An ordinary human may be weak. But you. You're special. You might just be the strongest out there. And we can't have that now can we?"

His voice was chilling.

In front of me a familiar figure appeared.

"Zelroth," I huffed.

"I'm glad you remember. Then we can get started right away. How about a fight right here right now? Then we'll see if you're truly cut out for an all out Armageddon," Mister Min mocked.

I glared at Zelroth. He was taunting me.

But the problem was that I wasn't fully recovered. I was able to move on my own and do all of that, but physically and mentally I was still exhausted. My body had been under way too much stress in the period of twenty-four hours. And there are some things even I can't handle.

However, it didn't seem like I had a choice but to fight Zelroth.

The fight started out pretty normal I guess. The strange thing was that I knew there was a fight going on, and I saw and could feel every move being thrown at me and vice versa, but it wouldn't register. It was almost like I wasn't in control of my body.

"You're good," Zelroth smirked.

I was already tired.

I threw a lazy punch that ended up being my downfall. I cringed when I saw it because if I was in control of my body, I would've easily done anything instead of that.

He smacked me to the ground and laughed while I struggled to get up.

I was very sore from the whole incident. I was extraordinary, but I wasn't a superhero. I could still very much feel pain and suffer with the effects of fatigue.

In a desperate attempt to save myself, I formed a blast and shot it at Zelroth.

Of course he deflected it, grinning evilly.

I laid my head on the ground.

Come on Dahye. Get up. You're stronger than this. You've fought with poison in your system and you were still better than this.

Just when it looked like the end of Dream Dahye, a golden light appeared.

The golden light surrounded me, enveloping me in its radiating warmth.

"She's not well enough for this and you know it Min. Stop forcing her to do things so you can feel good about yourself. What's a victory if your opponent wasn't at full strength? The real world is different, but in this world, you don't get to lay a hand on her if I feel she needs time. So tell your minion to go home." A woman spoke.

I could hear Zelroth grumble in annoyance. This wasn't the last time we'd face each other. But for now, I was grateful for whatever had just saved me.

Once everyone was gone, the light unraveled itself from me.

I was breathing hard.

"You're a fighter Dahye. I knew you would be. But you shouldn't push yourself when you physically can't. At least in this realm. Over here, I watch over you. I've got your back when you're in need of assistance," the light spoke eloquently.

I stuttered, unable to comprehend anything that was happening, "Um...how can I thank you?"

The light glowed brighter, "End this once and for all."

"But how?!" I cried out, suddenly feeling overwhelmed by my duty.

"You'll know when the time comes. There's something inside of you waiting to be awoken. But it'll take its time. You've started stirring it. But it'll take a bit more than what you have already done. You're closer than anyone of us could've ever been though."

I wanted to unlock this power as soon as possible.

"I would love to stay and chat longer but I think you're boyfriend wants you back now," the light teased.

I was about to ask another question, but the darkness suddenly evaporated and gave way to a white void.