Chapter 62

"Hyung wake up," a soft voice called.

I groaned, stirring from my sleep.

I rolled over onto my back, staring groggily at Doyum. "Hey bud. What time is it?"

"Seven o'clock, in the evening," he said.

My eyes shot open, "We slept through the whole day?!"

He nodded cheekily.

I shot up, "And Dahye?"

"She just woke up too," he said.

"Mom, dad," Dahye groaned from the other room.

Her parents rushed into the room, the three of them speaking in hushed voices.

"I'm fine really," I heard Dahye said. But something about it seemed so unconvincing.

I sighed, looking over at Doyum, "How's the wrist doing?"

I looked at his wrist which was wrapped in proper gauze. He shrugged, smiling at his injury.

"Makes me look cool," he hummed.

I chuckled softly.

Doyum came and crashed himself onto me, wrapping me in a big bear hug.

"Aish, watch it kiddo. My bones are aching as if I was a hundred years old," I joked.

That earned a giggle out of him.

After a while her parents came out of her room, motioning for Doyum to go be with her.

Her parents sat down tiredly, giving me a tired smile.

"Thank you Yoongi. For getting them both back. Even with all you'd been through, you managed to save both of my babies," their father spoke first.

He gave me a curt nod before leaving me and his wife alone.

Once he was out of earshot, I bombarded her with questions, "How is she? What was that thing that my father shot into her? Will all her strength come back?"

Her mother smiled gently, "My daughter is a force to be reckoned with. She's always been one to never take things sitting down. I can assure you, she'll recover just fine. She's going to come out stronger."

I gave a relieved smile.

"It will take a bit of time for her recovery though. A few days for everything to heal. More than anything, she was massively drained. They had burned all her power away, and were slowly eating away at her life. It's good that you boys got to her when you did," she said.

"What was that shard thing though?" I asked.

Her expression darkened, "Your father created that shard made from his pure hatred for Dahye. He had held it up to her earlier, but he wanted to throw it at you. She got in the way of that, so now that shard is coursing through her veins. It'll randomly start acting up, especially when she's getting moved around too much. But for the most part it won't do any damage, unless it gets moved so much that it interferes with her heart. But that won't most likely."

I looked at her unsurely. Dahye was known for moving around a lot to fight in the best angles.

"For what it's worth, it could've been a lot worse," she said.

"What could've been worse? Me taking it instead of her so that she would be ten times less weak? Sounds a lot better to me," I huffed.

"Not for her it wouldn't have been. Don't forget who Dahye is just because you saved her. You forget that Dahye once closed herself off so much to prevent those around her from getting hurt. If you had gotten hurt, who knows what she would've done. She might've left home and run away," she warned.

Her mother put a reassuring hand on my shoulder, "What I think you should be doing instead of worrying, is feeling proud of yourself for what you did. You went straight into her cage, without hesitation, even though it would severely wear you down. That takes guts Min Yoongi. I can see no one better for my daughter than you."

I sighed, giving a sad smile.

Just then Doyum came out of her room, rushing to me.

"Go see her hyung," he hummed.

I nodded firmly, heading to Dahye's room. I pushed open the door to see the love of my life staring sadly at a cup in her hand.

Her left arm was in a cast and a bunch of towels were draped all over body.

"Hey baby," I greeted softly.

Her eyes gently met mine, "Hey."

I sat on her bed, being extra careful when I rustled the bed.

I wasn't sure what to say. Or if I was sure, I didn't know how to say it. Dahye, looked fragile. I could sense it too. Her energy level was far too low than it should have been at. Feeling that made me angry.

She placed a tentative hand on my head, gently ruffling my hair, "Relax. I'm here now, there's no need to be upset."

She had picked up the cup she was holding earlier staring at it distantly.

"You should drink up. Your body has lost a lot of fluids in the past couple of hours," I said.

She smiled sadly, placing the cup on the table beside her.

"Thanks babe. But, I'm not really feeling it. I feel so, strange inside. It's like I'm a hollow shell, but at the same time it burns," she sighed.

I scooted closer to her, tucking a piece of her hair behind her hair, and pressing a warm kiss to her forehead.

She took her good hand and cupped my cheek.

I leaned into her touch, feeling content with the feeling of her touch again.

She sighed, "Yoongi, I was so scared. I wasn't sure if I'd even make it out of there alive. Every time your father would come towards me, I was so afraid of what he'd do. If the next thing he'd do would finish me off for good. I had no idea. I was unconscious most of the time, but I'd pick up bits of what he was saying to me. There were times where I worried that you wouldn't be able to get here. I worried that I would never see the world again. That I wouldn't even see the world that I fought so hard for. I was scared that I'd never see my family again. That I wouldn't see Hobi. That I wouldn't see you. And gosh that caused me the biggest heartache of all. I felt so genuinely helpless. There was nothing I could do. I got so desperate that I brought half of these injuries upon myself. But I kept trying to find a way out. Because I wanted to see my little brother again. Because I wanted to watch my best friend soar to success with his dance. I wanted to watch my parents love each other. I wanted to hear more of your songs and kiss you and love you, and I was so scared that I'd get none of that. And this whole time, I've acted strong for everyone. Trying to convince everyone that everything is okay. That I'm okay. But Yoongi, I'm lying. I'm not strong. I feel weak. I feel defeated. I feel empty inside but I also feel like my insides are on fire. I feel so damn drained for energy, it's a challenge to even stay awake. But I have to be strong because I'm the hero in this world's story. And for once, I don't want to be. Because I'm so damn scared that I am in over my head. I don't care what happens to me, but the world and the people I love, all of their fates depend on me. And I don't want to let anyone down. Never in my life have I been so afraid. But god dammit I'm afraid."

And with that she burst into tears. A waterfall of them, streaming down her face, her sobs louder than I had ever heard.

She broke down and screamed, pleading with the world to forgive her. I felt a tear roll down my cheek as I watched the woman I loved act on the brink.

I hugged her close, letting her sobs get muffled into my chest. Her fingers gripped my shoulders tightly, as if she was trying to hold on for fear of letting go.

"I've got you Dahye."

And then we just sat there, while she cried her eyes out, but I never let her out of my embrace. And I wasn't even sure if that was for her, or for me.