Chapter 37

"Who's next?" I huffed.

There were four uglies left to deal with. There was Drakkar, and then those three creepy weirdos behind him.

"We want her next," one of the creepy creatures hissed.

Drakkar motioned for them to go ahead.

"I'm Ecthrois," the blue creature said.

"Avanth," the red one added.

"Seskell," the yellow one chimed.

The three primary colors. Coincidence?

The three were all very different in size and shape. Ecthrois was pretty normal in size and shape. Ecthrois looked athletic but not too buff and macho. Sort of like the leader of the three, the one who always took charge and came up with the plans. Then there was Avanth. Avanth, was petite and didn't seem like much of a fighter, but you could tell that agility was a strong suit. Avanth seemed nimble and strategic. And of course, a team of three isn't complete without their nutty buff kid. Seskell was just that. A buff airhead.

While they all had their own strengths and weaknesses, there was no denying that they were worthy opponents. All of them had their own techniques to fighting.

The three of them charged at me all at once. I had to make sure to focus on all of them at the same time and block their attacks.

It wasn't easy to do so. They all had their own plan in mind, making each one of them unpredictable.

But I did manage to knee Avanth in the side and punch Seskell in the chest. Not wasting any time, I managed to smack both of them to the ground.

I moved onto Ecthrois, going on the offense against him. We moved at even paces, each managing to defend ourselves against incoming attacks.

But at one point he managed to land a hit on me and send me spiraling towards the ground. I was able to use the ground as momentum and immediately sprung back up to where he was. However, when I got there, all three of them had reunited.

"Shall we show her what real power is?" Ecthrois hummed.

All of their power levels spiked tremendously. This caused my own power to start surging within me. The stronger they got, the more energy my body started focusing.

A fluorescent light beamed from the general area the three were in. I couldn't see what was happening, but the power of all three was still increasing. However, as time went on the three identifiable energies were starting to mold together into one.

The light was still to bright for me to do anything, but what I did know was that my own power was spiking substantially too. My body was doing it on its own though. I had no control over what was happening inside of me.

After a few more menacing laughs from the three, it got quiet. Too quiet.

And that's when the light diminished and revealed something incredible. The three creatures had morphed into one super version of themselves.

"We each had our own strengths. When we combine, we fill in each others' weaknesses leaving nothing but perfection," the newly formed creature snickered.

Their combined power was off the charts. This caused my body to have a reaction sort of thing, and my power to start going nuts. Energy was once again crackling from my palms. I tried to control my power, but the amount was so overwhelming and needed to be let out.

Finally complying with my body, I allowed myself to boost my power more. This did ease the urge in my body, but I could tell if the battle intensified my body would immediately push out more.

A grayish-blue aura was now surrounding my body.

"Call us Ecthvankell," the creature growled.

It charged straight at me, filling the gap between us quickly and sending me flying straight into a tree.

That attack was perfect coordination of the three of their strength. They took Avanth's speed, Seskell's strength, and Ecthrois' careful calculation and found the perfect opening. Them combining seemed to amplify all of their individual strengths. They didn't waste any time to start fighting. I didn't have much time to recover, but with everything I had I tried to defend myself against their attacks. But I still found myself getting smacked down to the ground.

I had been wearing an oversized black t-shirt and some black shorts with black sneakers. However, my oversized black shirt and suddenly turned into a very uneven crop-top. For some reason that made me mad.

Without hesitation I charged back towards them and fought with all my might, unknowingly letting my power spike up a bit more.

"United they stand, but divided they fall," I muttered to myself.

I had gained the upper hand, causing the three to panic. It was obvious that they were unsure of what to do. Their well oiled machine was starting to rust. Everyone wanted to do their own thing.

Taking the opportunity I charged up a blast and aimed it at Ecthvankell.

In one painful yelp, they were pushed towards the ground. When I stopped the blast, the three had separated from their ultimate form and laid helplessly on the ground. I was about to from another blast to end them, but in one swift moment the three of them had disappeared from the ground.

"What happened?! Where are there?!" I gritted my teeth angrily.

"The boss stated that he didn't want weaklings in his crew. You were taking too long to finish them off so I did it for you. Plus, I'm done waiting. It's time for our rematch," a low voice stated.

I turned towards Drakkar. He had an evil grin plastered on his sinister face.

My body twitched in anger. Even more energy was surging to the surface. I allowed my body to accept the energy and let itself power up.

I was embodying an insane level of power. A level I hadn't attempted to go to since I was eight. There was now a dark blue aura around my body.

Power was coursing through my veins, and it felt good.

My eyes narrowed at Drakkar.

Without a word the two of us attacked, our impact from each other causing the ground below us to quiver.

It was on. And this time, I was going to win.