Chapter 68

I woke up the next morning sore all over. Recounting what had happened the previous day.

I had a pounding headache, but other than that, my body wasn't too worn down.

I stretched in my bed glancing at the clock.

"One more day," I sighed.

Dragging myself out of bed, I walked to my living room to grab some coffee.

"Hey, honey!" My dad's enthusiastic voice hummed.

I smiled, "Hi dad."

He handed me a cup of coffee, giving me a loving kiss.

"You were passed out again honey. You've gotta be more careful. You've got to be in shape for tomorrow and days to come after!" He said cheerily.

My face fell slightly.

But my dad didn't seem to notice, "You know I've watched you anxiously fight the bad guys for fifteen years. At first, I had no idea what to do. My daughter had powers that I couldn't understand. And my wife who had knowledge of them wasn't around, so what was I going to do? But you handled it all on your own. And now here you are, coming full circle as the end of an era ends."

I held my dad's hands, gently caressing them, "I love you, dad. Never forget it. Now, no more sappy stuff. I've gotta go round out my training."

He smiled, "Before you do, I was thinking of throwing you a party today. I'm going to invite as many people as I can. You ready to let loose?"

I considered it. I could use the extra time to train, but this might be the last time I ever get this opportunity, so I couldn't say no.

"I'll be there!"

And with that, I got ready and headed out to the office. I was surprised to see Yoongi already there training on his own.

I watched curiously as he calculated each move. Something was different in his movement. He had become more agile and seemed like he knew what he was doing.

I smiled proudly.

"Hey, hotshot! I challenge you to a fight!" I hollered.

He turned in surprise, smiling when he saw me. "You're on Han."

I went inside his chamber, dropping my stuff off in the corner of the room.

I stretched a bit to warm-up...and to psych him out.

"It's not working," he rolled his eyes.

"You say that now," I grinned.

We squared off against each other, watching each other carefully.

He made the first move charging at me head-on, but I caught it and quickly flew away. But he came after me, quickly firing blasts at me. I faced all the blasts, releasing my own large one to extinguish them.

But when the smoke cleared Yoongi was gone.

I tried to sense him, but by the time I did, I felt a pair of arms wrap around my waist.

"Looks like you need more training," he cooed.

His chin rested on my shoulder, and I could feel him smile into my neck.

I turned around, wrapping my arms around him while his arms held my waist.

"Winners get prizes," he huffed.

I smirked, closing the distance between us.

I wrapped my legs around his waist while he hugged me tightly. Our lips brushed, gently nibbling on each other.