Chapter 31

I flew to the place where Dahye's battle went down. The sun was starting to set already, but I was determined to find her, even if it took days.

Upon landing it was obvious that a fight had gone down. There were dent and holes all over the ground and in mountainsides. All of which looked like Dahye.

It had definitely been a nasty fight. There were tiny dots of blood on the ground, and sides of mountains that had been charred from blasts.

"What happened?" I asked.

I flew around the island to see if I could find Dahye lying around somewhere, but it was safe to say that she was not on the island anymore.

I walked around a bit more and found an incriminating piece of evidence.

In the heat of the fight, part of Dahye's pants had ripped. The proof of that was a square shaped piece of fabric stuck on a tree.

If I had learned anything of importance about what had happened, whoever Dahye had fought, they overpowered her completely. I mean they clobbered her. She's always careful to not get her clothing ripped. Even if she's smacked around it's never that bad to the point of ripping. So wherever she was, her condition would be at a flat zero.

I sighed, the pounding of my heart not slowing as the hours ticked by.

"I'll find you Dahye."

Dahye POV

"She's been asleep for almost four hours boss!"

"She has poison in her system you idiot!"

"So what?! If she's supposedly the best warrior out there she should be able to withstand it!"

"I need her in good health."

"The latchers have been standing with that water buckets for three hours!"

"Fine! Do it if you must! But if I don't get what I want out of her, consider yourself done for."

A cold splash of water jarred me awake.

Please tell me it was a dream.

I opened my eyes slightly, the world blurry and bright.

"Hello Dahye."

I froze.

The boss was here, calling my name after all these years.

I was still trying to open my eyes, but it hurt to do so.

Not to mention that I still had poison in my system. Automatically, I started coughing violently, my face turning red again as I lost oxygen.

"Splash her again!" A familiar voice ordered.

I felt another wave of water crash down on my body.

I spat out the water, instinctively moving my hands to rub my eyes, but I realized I couldn't move my arms. Nor my legs for that matter.

"Welcome Han Dahye! I'm sure you remember me!" The voice hummed.

"How could I forget," I coughed.

"I'm glad you're here with us Dahye! We're going to make magic happen today! Yes! The Earth's most fabulous fighter, bested by an intergalactic foe! Only now does she realize where her torture really begins. You Han Dahye, humiliated me. As a child you were stronger than me. I almost got you. But I hadn't been prepared for an eight-year old child to overpower me. Now, thirteen years later, we will finally get our rematch."

I strained against the restrictions, trying my hardest to free my limbs, but I was too weak. I was barely holding on. The poison had definitely reached my entire body, so I was unsure how I was even still alive.