Chapter 19

A Week Later

And that was pretty much how the whole week progressed.

Yoongi would harness his powers more and more each day, shocking Doyum and I more and more each day.

And when someone had decided to invade our territory I'd rush off and deal with it while Doyum finished up with Yoongi.

But all that really mattered was that Yoongi had now mastered everything concerning power and its control.

All he had to learn now was flying and that what we were dedicating the last day to.

"Alright, now that we've got you boys fed let's learn the last thing there is to learn about power within. Flying!" I exclaimed.

Doyum and Yoongi cheered like children. Though I found it ironic considering Doyum already knew how to fly.

"It's fun, but you have to be extremely cautious about this, because this is where we could get caught by onlookers. So be discreet," I warned.

"Yes ma'am!" Yoongi hollered.

Yoongi had mastered everything I taught him. It was bewildering because he never harnessed his power until now, yet he was able to do everything with ease.

"Alright Mister Mini Min, you ready? The key to flying is the same concept as the first thing I taught you about focusing your energy. Only this time you're focusing it in two places; your feet and the direction you want to fly. Once you get yourself off the ground, moving around will come naturally. But it's getting and staying off the ground that one has to master. So concentrate. Focus all your energy to your feet and where you want to go. And maintain that focus for a few seconds after you've achieved lift off so that your body adjusts to the fact that it's defying gravity," I explained.

"Can I have an example?" He shyly asked.

I nodded motioning for Doyum to demonstrate. Because Doyum also just recently tapped into his powers it would be easier to understand if he did it. Because if I did it would look like I did none of that focusing your energy thing.

Doyum shut his eyes, putting all his focus into getting himself off the ground.

Soon enough he got himself off the ground and was flying around.

He did a loop just to show off.

I looked at Yoongi who was in awe of the young boy.

"It's not that hard once you get the hang of it.
Soon you'll be zipping around just like him," I reassured.

He smiled, "Thanks. For everything. I know it was pretty low of me to ask for something in return for dealing with the press."

"It's alright. I did tell you I'd do anything to repay you. That was a lot of money that you blew to do that for me. It means a lot that you were willing to do that. Plus, this week has been really fun," I said.

He nodded, "I was thinking the same. I don't think I've ever seen you smile so much."

I blushed.

"I'm glad to have made a friend like you. I never had many friends growing up. Everyone avoided me because I was the rich kid who had everything. They thought I was spoiled. I sure acted like I was. Everything my dad bought me, I never wanted. I wanted his love and approval. Not a car or house or anything. But it did come off as me being spoiled," he admitted.

The word 'friend' rang through my head.

I had let down my walls for a guy who was trying to buy my company. All these years I had done so much to isolate myself from others. Hoseok was my only friend. And even then I felt bad because if something ever happened to him I would never forgive myself. But here I was befriending Min Yoongi. All this time I thought of it as a business interaction. But it wasn't. It was a genuine friendship. I felt guilty. Because now there were so many people that could get hurt because of their relationship with me.

"Do you want to give it a try," I said, trying to distract myself.

He stepped forward, shutting his eyes tightly.

I could feel his power slightly increase.

He stood there silently, trying to focus. But his attention wasn't completely focused.

"Yoongi focus. I don't know what you're thinking about but you have to focus," I instructed.

Yoongi POV

I'm trying.

I'm trying to focus.

But all I can think about is her.

Everything about her makes my heart tingle.

The way her eyes curve when she smiles. The way she talks so eloquently without caring about anyone's reaction. The way her eyes brightened when she was having fun. Her determination to protect the world and universe. Her fire. And her spunk.

Everything about her made me feel queasy, but in a good way.

So no, I couldn't focus.

I opened my eyes and gave her an apologetic look.

"Come on Yoongi. You've got it in you. Concentrate. If you were playing piano in front of an audience you'd have to focus," she said.

Doyum was observing with big doe eyes.

I bit my lip, closing my eyes and trying again.

Focus Min.

I let all my energy flow into one area of my body. Not breaking my concentration.

Suddenly I felt my feet leave the ground.

Dahye didn't say anything but I knew she didn't want me to break focus just yet.

After a couple seconds I heard cheering.

I slowly opened my eyes and saw Doyum and Dahye hollering.

"You did it!" Dahye exclaimed.

I smiled flying a little higher and doing a flip.

"This is so cool," I said in awe.

Dahye smirked, speeding past me high into the clouds.

"Oh really?" I chuckled.

I wanted to chase after her but I wasn't sure how to get much higher.

"Let your body handle it!" Dahye called from above.

I put my trust into my body and sure enough I was rising higher.

Gaining control, I sped after her.

I caught her by her waist, soaking up the sweet sounds as she laughed.

We stayed like that for a while, neither of us daring to speak.

At least until a monster ruined it.

She pushed me away, dropping to the ground, running into her house to change.

I watched her speed off toward her battle.

Whenever she became determined, this jittery feeling would fill my body. Her serious expression as she rushed to save the world made me feel some type of way.

"I want to fly after her," I said.

"Yeah me too," Doyum said in awe.

It took a second for him to realize but by then I was already long gone, tailing Dahye to whatever battle she was about to deal with.