Chapter 61

LONG CHAPTER ALERT

The first thing I felt was an eager tug on my leg. Looks like someone was awake now.

I helped Doyum up, through the divide in realms, pulling him to the front of the headquarters.

He was about to burst in their, guns blazing but I held him back.

"Nuh-uh. We need a plan," I said.

"You never go anywhere with a plan hyung," he rolled his eyes.

"But this is different. We're dealing with dangerous people," I warned. I shuddered thinking about the bare minimum of my memory from being here, as well as what torture they're putting Dahye through. Doyum doesn't understand the half of it.

"We deal with dangerous people all the time but be lame I guess," he groaned.

I smiled, "Sometimes being lame ends up working out the best."

He folded his arms, "So what is this plan?"

I shrugged, "We need to be civil at first. Then when the guard latcher realizes that we aren't welcome, we knock it out before it can multiply. Then when we get in, the place will be crawling with latchers wandering around trying to make use of themselves. We need to take all of them out quietly. If my father's attention, Zelroth, or any of his generals figure something is going on, we're toast."

Doyum nodded resignedly.

We knocked on the door, both of our breaths so still.

"Who is it?" An impatient voice asked.

"We are guests of fa—your boss. He invited us for an important meeting," I said.

Doyum gave me a look.

The latcher hummed, "Sorry. I haven't been informed about any guests. Name please."

Doyum gave me another panicked look. I made a motion for him to relax.

"We don't give out our names. It's part of our trademark. Your boss understands that. He swore to secrecy," I spoke firmly.

The latcher huffed, "Look, I don't have time for this. So either you tell me your names or I beat you up, so pick one."

I smirked, "We'll take the latter."

The minute the door opened, Doyum had a blast ready and took the latcher by surprise, disintegrating him in the bright beam.

"Nice one kiddo," I chirped.

We entered quietly, only to find the place in a complete rush.

No one spared a glance at us or the fact that their guard was not there.

I nudged Doyum, "We've caught them off guard. Let's take advantage of this."

He nodded, but just as we were about to strike, it seemed like all of the latchers had suddenly turned their attention to us.

"The boss' son is back. And he brought company," one of them growled.

I instinctively reached for Doyum, pushing him behind me.

"Shouldn't we get the boss?" One of them asked.

"Of course not. We were entrusted to protect the Koastean princess weren't we? Let's prove to them that we're more than target practice for snooty Earthlings."

I got in a fighting stance. There was no Dahye to protect us anymore. We needed to stand up for ourselves.

"Three, two, one, now Doyum!" I exclaimed.