Chapter 30

Dahye POV

Whoever I was about to fight was strong. None of the creatures I've faced have compared to this one. I was going to have to be on my guard with this one.

I arrived at a small island a few miles west of Seoul.

But when I got to the site I couldn't pick up on my opponent anymore. It was like he had vanished.

I flew up above the island to try and find him.

And that's when I felt it.

A gut wrenching kick and then a major hit that sent me spiraling towards the ground.

I hit the ground hard, breaking through a layer or two of rock.

I looked up at my attacker.

"Cheap shot," I mumbled.

"Allow me to introduce myself! I am Drakkar! And I will be the one to put poor little Dahye out of her misery!" He boomed.

I got up off the ground and dusted myself off.

"Listen bud, I hate to burst your bubble but all your friends said the exact same thing. And I'm still standing, and they, well they're not," i pointed out.

"I'm aware Miss Han. But I am not like them. In fact the boss apologizes that he can't be here for the fight but he asked me to tell you this before I absolutely annihilate you. He wants to thank you for whittling out the weak ones. The boss thinks highly of you. Gave you the title of 'someone who could actually pose a threat.' If his generals he'd acquired from his conquests were unable to defeat you then they weren't of use to him. But the boss is done whittling. He wants you to know that your demise is just around the corner. He's going to make you and your pathetic world suffer."

"I don't really care. Let's get this over with. I've been awake since two in the morning so I'm running on a cup of coffee right now," I yawned.

Drakkar made the first move, using his speed to appear right behind me.

But I caught his move and managed to punch him in the face, and kick him upwards.

He formed a blast and aimed it right at me, which missed me by a hair.

The battle had already started on a good note.

Every move he made, I blocked or deflected it. But it was the same vice versa. I couldn't land a hit on this guy.

"Tired?" He smirked.

"Nope. In fact if you weren't evil, and were slightly more human I might've actually enjoyed sparring with you," I grinned.

"Really? I guess I'll just have to show you my full power then."

Full power?

With a small smirk, Drakkar's energy managed to triple.

"Like what you see doll face?"

I gritted my teeth, lunging for Drakkar. I fought as hard as I could, throwing as many attacks at him as I could, but he managed to dodge or block all of them.

"My turn!"

With one swift move he grabbed one of my hands and swung me around in circles before slamming me to the ground.

I hit the ground with a bang, the dust and rocks kicking up.

I laid there for a moment, struggling to open my eyes.

"Oh please! I know that's not the best you've got. You're hiding as much power as possible. You'll never win if you keep it all to yourself," his condescending voice mocking me.