Chapter 32

The torture had continued long into the night. It had almost been twelve hours of this. I was completely and utterly numb, mentally and physically I was dead. There was no way I'd last another hour of this.

And the worst part was I couldn't even go to sleep because one, imagine trying to sleep while you're being electrocuted, and two, I was afraid that if I fell asleep that I wasn't going to wake up. The poison had completely consumed me so there was a huge possibility of it.

But just when it seemed like luck hated my guts, the universe suddenly had my back.

The latcher who was supposed to keep guard of me had fallen asleep. And conveniently, the latcher ended up knocking the lever back to zero.

It felt like a release. My skin was crawling and scorched, but it didn't feel like the fire was still burning anymore. My energy was almost at a perfect zero, but I lucked out with having a smidge of it left.

Now to figure out how to escape.

I was trying my best not to focus on the tingling sensation, dizziness, feeling of not breathing, soreness, weakness, fatigue, and the stabbing pain in my chest.

It was truly a miracle that I was still standing. After going through a battle that lasted a few hours and consisted of me being dominated, getting poisoned, and sitting through twelve hours of an energy drain, I was starting to think that I was a robot.

I sat down cross legged, trying to think of solutions to get out of my cage.

And that's when it came to me. It was a long shot at best. I had never tried what I was about to do. It was a trick I had learned when I had gone to Japan for three years to train. This trick required no energy or power. It was something a normal human being could learn. Basically, if you focus hard enough you can move things with your mind. It sounds unbelievable but I assure you it's very real.

I shut my eyes, focusing on the key that was next to the latcher.

I focused all my energy on it, and thanks to my expertise in energy focus, I got the key to come towards me. I was Matilda basically. 

The key floated right to the lock and opened the door to my cage.

I smiled widely. For the first time in that last eighteen hours, I had reason to smile.

I got up weakly, all of the agony hitting at once.

It was hard to stand, and my dizziness and need to hurl was getting stronger.

But through it all I tried to stay as quiet as possible. I fought my urge to cough and breathe, and just quietly walked to exit the cage.

However, just as I was at the end, I stumbled and accidentally gripped onto the bars for support, which caused them to do another short power drain. That caused me to drop to the floor and worst of all, wake the latcher up.

He had an angry scowl on his face. I was in no condition to properly fight him, but like I said to Yoongi, my survival instincts were kicking in.

With adrenaline being my only fuel, I threw weak hits at the latcher. I was more worried that he would wake the others up, so I tried to keep the battle as quiet as possible.

The latchers used its signature attack, and hugged me tightly.

Like I said, my body was severely low on energy.

I dropped to the floor, trying to stop it from taking every last bit out of me. Of course the poison had started to act up again.

I looked at the door to escape.

"Looks like you and me are taking a dive," I whispered.

I stumbled forward and pushed a button to open the door.

Without hesitation I stumbled off of their base and tumbled towards the ground with the latcher still on my back.

I had nothing in me that would allow me to fly. The landing was going to be painful, and if I lived through it, there was no way I'd be able to move.

Yoongi POV

I had been searching for hours with no sleep. I tried and tried to recognize her energy but it wasn't there.

And then like a sign from the universe, I could finally feel her again.

I looked up, and saw my girlfriend falling to the ground with a latcher stuck on her back.

I moved faster than I ever had before, and caught her in my arms.

I pulled the latcher off her and blasted it. Now she was safe in my arms.

Her eyes opened weakly, "Yoongi."

"You're alive," I breathed.

She started coughing violently and gasping for air. I noticed how her face was redder than a tomato but the rest of her had gone completely white.

"Poison. He got me with poison. My mom. She has the power to help me," she said hoarsely.

She was losing consciousness, but I had a feeling I needed her to stay awake.

"I'll get you home. But you gotta stay awake okay. Don't fall asleep yet," I said.

Her arms weakly wrapped around my neck, and her face nuzzled into my chest.

I started flying back to her house, my body flying at a speed I never knew I could go.

Her body was getting colder by the minute, and I could feel her head lolling back.

"Come on Dahye. Stay with me," I pleaded.

Her arms were starting to slip off my neck and her body was starting to feel heavier.

"I feel so numb..." she croaked.

We managed to get home in record time. I burst through the door, running to her room and laying her down on the bed.

She looked awful. She had definitely been beaten badly in her fight, but then to go to the extreme and poison her.

"They've drained almost all of her energy," her mom said.

I looked at her father and brother who looked absolutely distraught at her state.

"You all need to get out of the room. I will heal her, but I need you all out," her mother said.

We all hurried out of the room. I was anxiously pacing back and forth.

"Hey. Thank you for bringing my little girl back safely. I think you should rest now though. You've had a rough twenty-four hours," her father said.

I couldn't rest though. Not until I knew Dahye was safe.

After about an hour her mother came out of the room.

"I've managed to get the poison out of her. It will take some time for her to regain consciousness though. On top of the battle, they poisoned her and put her in some sort of thing that drained all of her energy. She needs time to recuperate. She may wake up once in a while, but it'll be for only a few seconds," her mother said.

I let her father and brother go into the room first. They sat with her for a bit, talking to her and making sure she was okay.

Then I went in. I sat there and stared at her. She was breathing fine now, but the color was still drained from her. At one point she had started hyperventilating and grabbing the area where her heart was, but her mother had said that it was an effect of getting the poison out.

I stayed by her side and held her hand through it all.

"You did good Dahye. I'm just glad that you're alive," I choked back tears.

I settled on the couch in her room, and ended up falling asleep, just as the sun started to poke its head out from behind the clouds.