Chapter 64

"Yoongi-ah, you should go home," was the first thing my mom said after the news clip ended.

Like a protective puppy, I weakly looked up, "But mom..."

"Honey he's had a long day too. He went through quite the trouble to get to you, so I think we ought to let him rest," my mom shot him a knowing look.

He nodded compliantly, pressing a quick kiss to my cheek before heading out.

I watched him go in silence, missing his presence instantly.

"Dahye! Are you really okay?" Doyum asked.

I put on a fake smile, "Of course I am bud. I'm your big, sister, I'm always good to go."

My dad came, gently crashing himself onto me, showering me in kisses and fatherly love.

"That's my strong girl. I always have faith that you'll bounce back stronger than before," he hummed.

I nodded, hoping that my act was putting faith and hope in my family's hearts. But when I made eye contact with my mom, I knew she knew. She could see right through me. A mother's intuition never lies, so I've been told. Just making eye contact with her caused tears to well up in my eyes, but I fought it, biting my tongue, and plastering a smile. No more tears Dahye. No more tears.

As if to further distract me, our TV turned back on, on it's own, as well as all of our cell phones and other devices turning on, but only to a black screen.

"Be on guard," I gave a tired warning.

"Hello again world! I am here to relay another message, updating you on the current state of well, you. After a slippery eel escaped me yet again, and my troops and commander destroyed, it has been decided that the final battle will take place a week from yesterday, so in about five days, not counting today of course. Being the merciful guy I am, if you'd like to join me, please stand outside of your houses tomorrow at seven in the morning. I will be taking anyone on the streets, so if you wish to die with your world, please stay indoors. Believe me, the future is granted when you side with me."

I gritted my teeth at his words. How could he deceive so many like that? The only thing he'll do is hurt them or turn them into latchers or a general.

"One last thing, but only addressed to Miss Han. I hope you enjoy my gift. I put a lot of heart into it."

And with that he was gone. Instantly, the shard inside of my chest flared up. I fell off of the couch onto the floor, coughing violently gripping my chest hard. Panic began to rise within me as the painful memories of torture and heartache came crashing back. I gripped the couch harshly, as I tried to take the pressure off of my chest.

My parents and brother rushed around me, trying to get me up back onto the couch. They gently sat me down, holding my hand tightly.

I gave Doyum's small hand a tightly squeeze to reassure him and to alleviate the pain.

But my body kept convulsing as the shard kept acting up. My body jerked harshly, rattling everything in me.

"Don't! Dahye, calm your movements. If your body gets moved around too roughly, that shard will move, and that's not what we want!" My mom shouted.

I nodded, tightly clutching my brother, taking deep breaths as my vision went white.

But after a few more agonizing minutes, the pain subsided, and I let out a sigh of relief.

My dad came over with some water and a hot towel which he pressed on my body.

"What happened?" Doyum asked.