Chapter 56

I stopped. Yoongi stopped. Doyum stopped. Hell, even Hoseok stopped.

I got off of Hoseok's back and Doyum followed suit.

I could feel a lump in my throat as a bunch of energy levels around us dropped to almost zero. A massive explosion had just occurred in a nearby building.

And that's when we all felt it.

A massive energy level, larger than any we had ever felt before, loomed over the city we were standing in.

"Boys, go make help those people that are hurt," I ordered.

"But what about—"

"Go!" I yelled.

They hurried off, leaving me alone.

In a speed I never had traveled at before, I rushed up into the air, letting my foot collide with the perpetrator of this attack.

My eyes widened in horror and dread, "Zelroth."

A cackle of pure insanity flooded my head.

"Nice to see you again."

I gulped, my hands getting clammy.

He raised his arm again, aiming it at a nearby crowd of onlookers, but I quickly stood in the way, holding my ground.

"Maybe you haven't heard, but you're not allowed to touch anyone or anything until you deal with me," I said firmly.

He smirked, "I see. Just thought I'd have some fun."

And just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, another dreaded voice filled the world.

"Citizens of Earth, my name is Minderean. Keeping the message short, I'll start by saying that I have been on your world for a few years, searching for a special someone. This someone has had a rumor circulating around her for a while, so I thought I'd clear the air. Her name is Han Dahye, South Korean in the general Seoul area, age twenty-one. To fill you in on her work, let's start with the fact that she has been protecting your world from very evil otherworldly beings since she was six. Those of you who know her more than others will know she was very antisocial, mainly to keep others out of harm's way. Quite a noble girl. Well anyway, we have come to take her and destroy your world in the process. If you would all focus on your screens, you can witness the battle about to begin between her and my right-hand man. I will continue to play videos of her battles as I have been recording her at each fight to truly expose the CEO in training of Han and Co. And when this is all over, your world will be nothing more than dust and your only protector will lay lifelessly on the ground."

I gritted my teeth as panic spread through every onlooker below.

Zelroth laughed, "I've been waiting for this rematch Dahye. Well, what do you say? Shall we give the people what they want?"

He charged at me, pelting his fists all over me. Moving at a speed I had never thought capable of before, I blocked his shots, carefully watching each of his attacks.

Once he finished his offensive attack, it was my turn. I wasted no time in getting up in his face and using every inch of my body to hit him.

I punched and kicked harder than I ever had, focusing hard on making contact and adding force. My efforts didn't stop Zelroth though and he barely broke a sweat when I finished.

He quickly disappeared, appearing behind me, holding me in a choke-hold.

"Yeah not this time bud," I huffed, quickly elbowing him off of me.

With the small window I had, I let blasts fly out of my palms, carelessly aiming at him. But when the smoke cleared, he stood there, completely unscathed.