Chapter 1

A/N:  THIS IS A VAMPIRE STORY!! So, if you're gonna leave then just go. You don't need to be rude and comment to let me know.  I work hard on my stories. None of us authors need your criticism or mean comments. We are people behind your screen and words hurt. So just leave and have the day you deserve. K thx, enjoy!!

"Oh, for Christ's sake Kat! Answer your fucking phone!" I hit the end key on my phone harder than was necessary, and started texting her again.

I stopped in my tracks, because walking and texting had never been my strong suit. Knowing me, I would probably walk straight into traffic.

"Where the fuck are you? I need a ride. I have 2 flat tires and only one spare! Kinda scared and I keep hearing noises. Text me back! Or better yet, CALL ME!" I hit send and stuck my phone back into my back pocket.

I hear what sounds like a bottle rolling on the concrete behind me. Turning around quickly, the alleyway was clear, but damn it, it was creepy.

There was only one street light, barely illuminating the run down area that I was in. The narrow area had a run down dumpster up against one side of the brick wall, and random bits of trash on the other. Probably looked like any other alleyway in the daytime, but me being alone in the dark... this place was sketching me out.  I thought it would be a good idea to take a random short cut to the party, since I was already late.

"Apparently, you were wrong Chloe. Very fucking wrong." I said aloud, the sound of my own voice helping to calm my jumpy nerves a bit.

I had just moved to Los Angeles, California to pursue my dreams of being a writer. I know, most people moved to New York or something like that, but I thought that LA had more opportunities and more people willing to help. Plus, there was the beach.

The only person that I knew here was my best friend from high school Katrina Stuart, better known as Kat. She found me an apartment in the same building as hers, and had invited me to this party with her friends tonight. I was running late, as usual, and told her that I would meet her there.

Looking back on that now, it was a really stupid move... but how was I supposed to know that my car would randomly crap out on me? I had just had it serviced 3 weeks ago, and got new tires, before I made the drive to LA. Everything was fine with it then.

"Shit." I exclaimed, sitting back on the hood of my car, throwing my hands over my face for a moment.

I heard something... like a deep hum coming from the right side of me, where there were nothing but trees. I snatched my head up, searching the dark area. An eerie feeling that I wasn't alone crept up my spine, and I jumped up, clumsily hurrying back inside my car. I locked all the doors, and stared out into the darkness.

"You're probably just freaking out, that's all. There's no one out there. You're gonna be fine." My phone vibrated against my butt, interrupting my pep talk, making me shriek in fear. "Fuck." I needed to calm down. I looked at the screen to see Kat calling me. "Oh holy hell Kat!" I practically screamed into the phone.

"Chloe, what's wrong? Are you okay?" I sniffed, my emotions taking hold of me now.

"I'm fine. Just stuck in a creepy ass alleyway, waiting on you to answer me!" "Why are you in an alley?" She asked, clearly ignoring the jab at herself.

"My maps app said that it would be a short cut to the party. I was following the directions, then there was a loud popping noise, and my car started sliding. When I got the nerve to get out and check, both of my front tires were blown."

"Damn....did you call Roadside Service?" I had full coverage...why didn't I think of calling them? Oh yeah, because I'm a dumb ass.

I sighed heavily into the phone. "Noooo... I'll call them now. Can you come sit with me? It's really creepy out here. I think someone is watching me."

She sucked in a sharp breath. "Why do you think that Chloe? How far away are you from the party?"

I checked the GPS. "It says I'm only about 10 minutes away if I'm driving."

"Stay in your car! Do you hear me? Lock your doors and Send me your location and I'll be right there. DO NOT MOVE!" She was freaking me out now.

"What the hell Kat? You're actually scaring me and it's not funny." My eyes were playing tricks on me now.

I thought that I saw someone jump out of that tree back there, but now I can't see anything.

"I'm not trying to scare you. Send me your location now. I just think that... you might not be in a very good part of town, okay? If someone comes up to you, tell them that you're Sam Golbach's friend."

What? Who the hell was Sam Golbach... and why would I need to tell a random person this information? "Kat, I-"

"Just do it, Chloe! The location just came in, I'll be right there." She hung up the phone, leaving me speechless and more freaked out than when I called her to begin with.

My eyes couldn't help scanning the trees, and the dark alleyway. I wasn't sure which way to look, and my fear was steadily climbing.

"It's fine. You're fine." My voice didn't comfort me this time. It sounded shaky and unsure, laced with fear. Exactly how I felt.

I called Roadside Service really quickly, giving them my information and location, keeping a check on my surroundings. Was there someone walking towards me, from the trees? Damn it, stop freaking yourself out Chloe!

After what felt like absolutely forever, headlights shown in front of me coming down the alley towards me. Please let it be RSS or Kat. Please.

It was actually both. Kat pulled up first, pulling out of the alley way and parking off the side of the road that I was on. RSS pulled their tow truck in front of my car and the pot bellied man stepped out of the truck.

Kat walked over to me, and I got out of the car, meeting her and the Tow Truck driver in front of my car. ED was embroidered on his navy blue work shirt.