167

I could hear the smirk in his tone, but I was suddenly too tired to care.

"Shut uh-uh-up." I stammered out, another yawn racking my body.

"Goodnight beautiful. I love you." were the last words that I heard.

When I woke, my body was so stiff from sleeping for so long, I had to stretch as much as possible to get the kinks out. I cracked my eyes open, thankful for the black curtains blocking out the sun. It had to be at least midday.

I felt like I had slept forever. I giggled a little to myself. I was starting to sleep like a vampire.

"What's so funny?" Colby asked, making me jump again.

He wasn't in the bed, so I assumed he wasn't in the room, but there he was sitting on the couch, with Prissy in his lap, his laptop open on the couch. I sat up, automatically fixing my hair with my fingers.

"I was thinking about how I was starting to sleep like a vampire." I replied, clearing my throat of the hoarseness.

He grinned at me.

"Yeah, you might as well become one. Nope, you might take me seriously. Don't do that." His grin faded, and his tone got all serious on me.

I wiped my eyes and yawned.

"It's too early for that conversation. I'm going to go shower, and call some of the places that I put applications in at."

He looked relieved that I was letting that conversation go for now. I honestly hadn't thought much about becoming a vampire, and I wasn't sure how I felt about it.

"It's not early babe. It's 4 p.m. Everything will be closed soon. Maybe you should make your calls first?" He suggested.

My mouth dropped open.

"4 p.m.? Holy Shit, I slept that long? That's like...oh. That's only like 9 hours. More sleep than I've gotten recently but still not that long. You guys are fucking up my schedule. This isn't going to work if I get a job at the publishing house."

He just stroked his long fingers through Prissy's fur and smiled, his dimples popping. "We'll figure it out."

I was stuck in his ocean blue gaze for a minute before he smirked, allowing me to break free. I rolled my eyes and climbed out of bed, stretching again, and closing my eyes.

"Hey Colby, I need you to- oh," I opened my eyes, seeing Dean standing at Colby's door, staring at me.

Me in my very short shorts, and my crop top shirt that I sleep in. His eyes trailed over my body, making me very uncomfortable because I knew that Colby was going to have a fit. I saw his gaze grow cold, but before he could, Prissy started hissing and clawing her way up Colby's shoulder trying to get away from the new vamp that was invading what was now her territory.

This sidetracked Colby for just a minute.

"Hey pretty girl, it's okay. The big bad vamp isn't going to hurt you. I've got you." She still eyed Dean, while she lay rigidly over Colby's shoulder, his fingers strumming through her fur. "We're going to hurt him very badly though, if he doesn't learn how to knock though, aren't we? Yes we are." He was still cooing at Prissy, but his steel gaze was now locked on Dean, who jerked his gaze away from me finally.

"I'm sorry boss. We need you downstairs. Sam said that Aza got in touch. You left your phone earlier."

Colby nodded at him, his gaze still hard and unforgiving. "Next time, knock Dean. You're seeing things that don't belong to you and I'm not okay with it. I won't hesitate to make you regret it."

Dean nodded. "Sorry." He replied, then ducked out of the room quickly.

Colby's hard glare shot to me and I almost shrunk back.

"What the fuck Chloe? You couldn't cover yourself or something? You just stood there and let him stare at your half naked body!"

I cocked my eyebrow at him and tilted my head.

Here he was being the same damn annoying, smart ass vamp that I first met.

"Excuse me? I just crawled out of bed in what is supposed to be half my room. I should have the privacy, and the right to do as I please. Maybe you should've locked the fucking door. Plus, a bikini shows more than this so stop being so fucking jealous. Don't start this shit Colby. It was one kiss! Get over it! Do I need to remind you of why I kissed him??"

I stomped over to the closet and grabbed a random t-shirt and a pair of jeans, before walking out the door, making sure to slam it on my way out. The shower felt good on my stressed muscles. Arguing always got my anxiety up, making me even more stiff than I already was.

I sighed, letting the hot water run over my body. Then I remembered that Dean had said that Aza had gotten in touch. My body tensed back up, and I hurriedly washed my hair and body, trying to get out so that I could see what was going on.

A few minutes later, I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around myself, praying that no one was in the hallway.

I didn't want to waste time, putting my clothes on, so I just grabbed them up in my hands and walked out the door, straight into Colby's...my? room. He wasn't in the room any longer, so that meant he was already downstairs. I hurriedly dried off, and snatched my clothes on, throwing my hair up in the towel.

Didn't care if everyone saw me like this. I needed to know what was happening. I jogged out the door, and down the stairs, checking the tv room, and the bar room, but not finding anyone.

"The garage." I muttered to myself, and headed through the kitchen, opening the door without knocking.

When I entered, there were a lot more people...or vamps, than I was used to being in here.

I glanced around nervously, meeting Elton's gaze first.

"Nice of you to join us Beautiful. New hairdo?"

I flipped him off, and started walking towards Colby, who was obviously sitting on his bean bag.