176 (Colby's POV)

I zipped out of Chloe's place after fixing her door, fast as lightning. I had to get back home. Had to find Elias. Had to fix this.

The fear and confusion that was in her eyes has my chest feeling like someone ripped it open, and set fire to whatever is left inside. I couldn't breathe. Logically, I knew that I didn't need to breathe, but mentally, I needed to feel that sweet air being sucked into my lungs.

I just couldn't force it to happen. I stormed through the doors of the Trap House, slamming them so hard behind me, they splintered in half. Fuck, now I would have to fix that too.

"Where is Elias?" I yelled into the open area, knowing that everyone there could hear me.

Hell, the whole street could probably hear me. Katrina was the first to make it to me, impressively.

"How is she? Colby what's going on? Why doesn't she remember anything?" She had tears in her pretty eyes that broke my heart even more.

Sam popped up next to her, and put his arm around her.

"It's okay baby girl. We'll fix it. Whatever it is, we'll fix it. Right?" He looked at me questioningly.

"I- I don't- know." My voice cracked a little. "I didn't compel her so the One rule doesn't apply here, that I know of. You read the damn book! You tell me! Will she remember eventually?" I yelled at Sam.

His eyes were full of sadness, and in my fucked up state of mind, that made me hate him a little.

"Well?" I asked again.

"I don't know Brother. I haven't came across anything about that. If another vampire compels her, it should work like any compulsion. It sticks. Did Elias do it?"

I grabbed my hair with both hands and pulled it out of frustration. "I don't know Sam. I can't get in touch with him. I can't find him. He could be dead for all I know. He wouldn't do something like this. This is Millie's work. I shouldn't have waited. Should've just started the damn war. FUUUCCKKK!" I bellowed out again, making the walls shake.

Katrina shrunk back a little, away from my anger.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry." I muttered out.

"It's fine." She replied, as tears started pouring down her face. "I know you're upset. So am I. I just lost my best friend. This can't be real." She broke down and buried her face into Sam's chest. "Why do I feel like she died? Like she's not coming back?" She wailed, and I cringed against her words.

Was it like that? I thought that I had seen a flicker of recognition behind those beautiful hazel eyes when I was holding her against the wall.

"Let's not give up hope okay?" I placed my hand on Kat's back, trying to help console her as my own world crumbled, no, it was shattering around me, leaving jagged edges that there was no way to fix. "I need to find Elias. I need to know what happened. I should have just followed her myself, but no, I wanted to sleep." I shook my head, hating myself. "This is my fault. All of it. Damn it! Ok," I took a deep breath. "I need to find him. That's the first step. Mike, Kevin!"

They popped up in front of me automatically.

"What's up brother? What do you need?"

"I need you to keep an eye on Chloe. I mean it. No one comes near her. Not even her new boss. No one. Can you do that? Take Elton and Aryia too, just in case." They both nodded, looking at me with sadness. "Don't do that! Don't fucking pity me! She's not gone. I'm going to fix this." I stormed up the stairs towards my room. "I have to fix this." I muttered to myself.

I paced the floors of my room, my nerves getting the best of me while I jabbed Elias' number into my phone.

"Come on, you Son of a Bitch, answer the damn phone!" After a few rings, the automated message came on telling me to leave a message. "Elias, brother, I don't know what the fuck happened, but Chloe's memory has been erased. I need to know what happened! I need to know if you're okay! Call me as soon as you get this."

I threw my phone down on the couch as I disconnected the phone, watching it bounce almost to the ceiling with the force of my throw. Prissy wound herself around my ankles, looking up at me with her sweet, golden eyes. I sighed and picked her up, cuddling her to my neck.

"I know sweet girl. It's gonna be okay. Your momma is gonna be okay. I'll fix her. I promise." My phone rang from the couch, so I dropped the cat down onto it, and picked up my phone.

"Yeah?" I barked urgently into the line, not bothering to check the number.

"Well, Hiya handsome!" That whiny, high pitched voice sent hatred and anger coursing through my veins.

I had to loosen my hand on my phone because I heard it cracking.

"You fucking bitch! What did you do?"

She giggled, increasing my anger. "Oh Sweetie, I haven't done anything. Why, what's wrong? Is your little girlfriend...forgetting about you already?"

"Urraaahhhh, I will fucking KILL you, you stupid BITCH! You don't know who you're messing with. You undo it RIGHT THE FUCK NOW MILLIE!"

I was pissed. It was taking everything I had in me not to crush the little flimsy electronic in my hand right now.

"How could I undo it? I'm not the one who did it in the first place. That would be your bestie, Elias." Her words reached my ears but I wasn't comprehending them.

There's no way that Elias would do this to me.

"You're lying." I growled out, "And you're going to pay for this. I'm going to make you suffer. You're going to be begging for death before I'm finished with you, you psychotic bitch."

She laughed again. She really does want to die. I believe that now.

There's no other explanation.

"No, I'm not lying. He's right here. Would you like to speak with him? Elias."