29 (Colby's POV)

I really didn't want to kill her. First, there was that intense staring match that had my fangs coming out. I could feel them, sliding out of my gums, before Sam said something about a family.

Chloe didn't seem bothered too much by the fact that I said "Fuck them," around little kids.

Didn't really mean too, just really didn't care at the moment. I was too immersed in her, and I didn't want anyone interrupting whatever the hell was happening. Probably a good thing that they did though.

When I felt the fangs, I clamped my mouth shut, and walked to the next hole.

Sam came right behind me, throwing his arm around my shoulders. "You have got to control yourself brother. I saw that. In front of all of those people, you almost let your fangs show. If it's too much for you, lets just finish this game and we can go. Get you away from her."

 I nodded, even though I felt a tightness in my chest at those words. "Yeah, probably a good idea."

 "What is with their eyes?" I heard Chloe whispering to Kat.

Sam and I both turned towards them, and they quit talking. She was a perceptive smart ass anyways. I know it's the writer in her, trying to figure out what's different about us. She was going to end up getting herself killed.

 I tried to avoid her, so that I wouldn't be tempted to do anything again and have my body betray me. I noticed her glancing at me, maybe trying to catch my eye, but I kept my gaze averted. It seemed like the more I did that, the more angry she got.

 I could tell by her jerky movements when she went to putt, the way she would huff out a breath if she were looking at me, and I didn't look back, or when I would walk past her without acknowledging her.

The bad part about that is the more angry she got, the stronger her scent got, driving me crazy, making it even harder. This wasn't a good strategy. Maybe I should try a different tactic, go back to the teasing we had been doing earlier.

When she almost decapitated a kid, she threw her putter on the ground and actually had  a tantrum.

"I give up! This game is stupid."

 Did she actually just stomp her foot? Cute.

 "The game isn't stupid, just because you suck. Told you that you were going to lose." I gave the teasing a shot, but the look she gave me let me know real quick that she was NOT in the mood at all.

That was okay though, because for some reason, her being angry was a big turn on. "We're on the same team dumb ass!" She yelled at me. "If I lose, you lose!"

 I was prepared to say something smart back but then shut my mouth. I forgot that we were on the same team. Before I could come up with something, which is weird because my brain usually works pretty damn fast in these types of situations, she swung around towards Katrina.

 "I'm ready to go. Honestly, I should have just stayed home again. I don't know why I keep letting you talk me into these things. LA is not at all what I expected." She turned back to me, staring me straight in the eyes. "The people here are giant fucking pricks that I want nothing to do with."

Well, damn. That kind of hurt. I was only teasing her, like before.

Kat chided her for overreacting, then pointed at me. "And you. Stop taunting her.It's clear that you are obviously trying to get a rise out of her. I don't know, maybe it's some kind of turn on for you, but you need to chill too. You're both acting like children."

 I felt my mouth drop open but I couldn't stop it. This small quiet girl had just told me off, when she rarely even spoke to me. I clamped my lips back together, hoping no one saw.

"I thought she was the nice, quiet one." I muttered to Sam, knowing that the girls could hear me.

"Not when you piss her off." Chloe retorted, glaring at me. Jesus, didn't we just get into trouble about that. "She might be worse than me." I met her gaze calmly. "Can you stop glaring at me? Because honestly, I do kind of like pissing you off, and you're making it really hard not to keep doing it."

 I dragged my hand through my hair in frustration. "Not really sure I want to see Katrina actually pissed right now, so I'm gonna need you to calm the fuck down too."

 I saw her lips quirk just a touch, like she almost smiled, but then stopped herself. "Fine. I don't really wanna face the wrath of Katrina either so let's just finish the game."

 I couldn't help but smile at her a little. "Deal." I replied.

 Katrina said something about us going to eat with them. I shared a look with Sam. I don't think they would like that very much if we did. As in, they would be what we ate.

"If you guys wanna stop communicating with your eyes, the next hole is this way."

She looked so...well, sassy was the only word I could think of. Standing there, pointing with her putter, while she had one hip cocked forwards, resting her other hand on it. I should really stay away from her. It was way too dangerous. She was way too observant. If I kept hanging around her, she was bound to find out...or I was bound to hurt her.

Why did I feel like this was one of the most important decisions of my life? I pushed it away and we continued the game without further incident.

Chloe stepped up to take her turn. She was standing all wrong and had her hands on the putter wrong.

Maybe I could play nice and she would let me show her how to do it correctly. She hit it before I got to her and missed of course. She was so bad at this.

 I walked up behind her as she prepared for another shot and put my hands on her hips, trying to position them. She jumped and swung around to face me. I dropped my hands and stepped back a little.