Chapter 8

I'm sure Colby didn't check on him every single time he drove it. Why would he do that in the first place though?

 I unlocked my door and walked in, falling onto the couch when I got near it. I threw my arm over my head, blocking my eyes.

"What the hell is wrong with me?!" I yelled into the empty apartment.

 Sitting up, I pulled my phone from my pocket to text Kat, and let her know that I was home.

 "Hey, I'm home, no thx to u."

 My stomach growled so I decided to heat up some left over pizza that I had stored in the fridge. While I was doing that, I got Kat's reply.

 "Bitch, stop being so sensitive. If you had a hot guy that wanted you to stay, you would have forgotten that I existed."

No, I wouldn't have. Well...I would have remembered eventually.

"I'll be home soon. Sam said he and the guys have to go handle some business."

Weeeiiiirrrddd. What does that mean? I couldn't stop myself from wondering if Colby was included in the "the guys."  Probably.

 I decided to kick back with my pizza and watch some YouTube on the couch while I waited for Kat to get home.

Unfortunately, my mind was racing with images of silver eyes, pissy attitudes, strong hands that caught me from busting my face open...and a gorgeous face that shouldn't be so hard.

When I finished my pizza, I pulled out my laptop and started to write. Not anything specific, just whatever words seems to fall from my fingertips.

 My neck started prickling so I brought my hand up to rub it, and I realized that it was that feeling again. Like someone was watching me. How though? and why? I was in my apartment. Sure there was the sliding glass door and my blinds were open but I was on the 4th floor. I guess someone could climb the fire escape but who the hell would do that?

I glanced out the door and didn't see anything but the darkness illuminated by city lights. I was going crazy.

 I set my laptop down on the couch and slid the door back, walking onto the balcony, to prove to myself that there was no one there.

 It was kind of chilly tonight, so I wrapped my arms around myself and stared down at the city. It really was kind of beautiful. Loud, I thought, as I heard the familiar sirens blare, but beautiful.

I heard a soft breath behind me and turned to greet Kat, thinking that she had come in without me noticing. Bright blue orbs, surrounded by a silver ring obscured my vision. Then I felt strong hands biting into the skin of my arms, and full lips pressing down onto mine. I didn't fight it, because I didn't want too. My body was betraying me completely. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my body tightly against his own, while his arms traveled around my lower back and locked me there.

 "I'm home!" I was alone and I heard Kat's voice coming from inside. I turned to see her walking towards me. "What are you doing out here?" She asked, looking around, like she expected to see someone else.

 Who would be with me? I didn't know anyone here yet. Something was pushing at the edge of my memory, something that I felt like I should remember...oh well, must not be important.

 "I needed some fresh air. I was freaking myself out. Those weirdo friends of yours have me on edge for some reason."

She grinned, and flipped her blue hair back from her face. "They aren't that bad once you get to know them. Elton like to fuck with people, and make them think he's a scary bad ass but he's a teddy bear. Kevin is just a clown but he loves to flirt. Mike is quiet and sweet, but he's a bad ass too. Jake and Tara are great, mostly wrapped up in themselves though. New relationships, ya know?" She blushed as she said that and looked down, knowing that she was talking about herself.

 "What about Colby?" I asked, trying to keep my voice normal and steady.

She furrowed her brow, and met my gaze. "Colby is....complicated. Sam loves him to death and would do anything for him. I don't really know him because he doesn't come around much when I'm there. When he does, he always seems to be in a bad mood." She shrugged. "I don't know. Sam says he's a good guy. I believe him, I just think it's really deep down. Why?" She raised one eyebrow at me. "You crushing on him? I thought you were looking at Mike."

 I laughed. "I was looking at all of them, if you wanna be specific about it. It should be illegal for that many hot guys to be in one friend group. And no, I'm not crushing on Colby. I didn't see a good guy anywhere in him." An image of his face with a slightly worried look that disappeared quickly, after he caught me from hitting the ground, flashed in my memory. "I'm just curious about all of them. It's kind of like a movie. They intrigue me."

Kat rolled her eyes and laughed. "That's the writer in you. You just need to know everything."

 I followed her back inside and shook my head. "No, not everything. Just what interests me and doesn't add up. There's something weird about those guys, and it's driving me crazy."

She sat on the couch and pulled my laptop into her lap. Oh no.

 I reached out for it, and she pulled back. "Hold on, I wanna order some food. I didn't eat while I was there. I know Sam told Mike that they had food, but there is literally never anything there. It's weird." She scrolled her finger across the touch pad, and I tried again to pull the laptop back.

"I'll do it." i insisted. "Give me my laptop Kat."

"Why are you being...Oh" I yanked on the laptop as he eyes scanned what I had written but my clumsiness betrayed me.