46 (Colby's POV)

The smell of her blood hit me full force, right in the gut. My stomach clenched, and I felt my fangs shift.

"You aren't going to help me?" She asked, being a little mean and waving her hand back and forth in front of her face so that I could see.

I watched the blood on her hand drip slowly down her wrist, and licked my lips, backing away from her. "Um, no, I don't think I can. I'm uh" I swallowed, the force hurting my throat.

 I was trying to hold my breath, but it wasn't working out very well. I was a glutton for punishment, hating what the scent was doing to me, but loving it at the same time.

 I should go. I had to go.

She stepped towards me, laying the first aid kit on the table with one hand.

 "Wow, didn't think you were such a wuss Brock."

All of my concentration was on NOT letting the monster out to sink his teeth into her wrist right now, so her words didn't affect me at all.

"Shit," She muttered, drawing my attention for a second.

 I noticed her trying to open the kit with one hand. She was struggling, holding her injured hand up to slow the blood.

 An image of me licking the blood off of her fingers jumped into my mind, making me groan out loud.

 She looked over to me, her brow creased.

 "You okay over there? You look a little pale...and," She quit fidgeting with the box, staring at me intently. "There's something wrong with your eyes." She replied, slowly.

Fuck.

When we fed, our pupils overtook our eyes, making them seem black, while the vessels in the white of our eyes stood out making them seem red. It was actually pretty scary to see.

 I turned away from her quickly, standing with my back to her while I tried to force him back inside the cage that I kept him in. It was intense, and he was growling and snarling inside of me, wanting to finish what he almost started a couple of weeks ago.

"Not this time." I snarled quietly.

 Kat wanted me to fix things with her, so I was. Honestly, I missed the smart mouth demoness too.

 Her quick wit, and snarky attitude, coupled with the way she made me feel...there was no way that I would be able to stay away from her for long.

Sam had been working with me on controlling my emotions and the blood lust. I put his training into effect now, walking a little further away where the smell wasn't quite as strong and took long deep breaths, while willing my eyes back to normal, and my fangs back inside my gums. The monster resisted, but I was finally able to push him back and lock the cage.

 I felt her behind me, so I turned, way faster than a normal human should, and grabbed her by the wrist of the hand that she was about to place on my back.

"Oh!" She gasped out from my sudden movements.

Her injured hand was still up, but she was holding a paper towel in it to staunch the flow of the blood. I dropped her hand and tried to smile.

 "Are you okay?" She asked worriedly.

That was sweet. She needed to be worried about herself. Crazy ass girl had no regards for her own safety.

"I'm fine. Just felt a little sick. I'm good now though. Maybe I can help a little."

 I had this under control. I was getting better. This was the first real test with her blood and I did good, I thought. I didn't kill her, hell I didn't even bite her. I controlled it.

The monster was still raging against the walls of the cage and probably wouldn't be held back for long so we needed to get this blood cleared up now.

We walked back to the table with the kit and I opened it, pulling out bandages, medical tape, and scissors. I held my breath and took her hand in mine, ignoring the small gasp that she let out.

I examined the cut, letting my cool fingers trail over it lightly, hoping it would soothe the sting. I heard her breathe out slowly, and I glanced up to find her eyes closed. I smiled to myself. Guess it was working.

 "It's not too deep. Shouldn't need stitches. I think you'll be fine."

"Thank God, I thought I was going to die." She replied, opening her eyes and smiling.

You have no idea how close you just came to dying princess.

 "I think you're safe to live another day."

I didn't think, just acted, pulling her hand to my lips and kissing her bandaged finger lightly. She blushed, and her heart raced, causing her scent to grow stronger again. Damn it all to hell. I really did need to go. Enough pushing it for now.

 "When do you get off? We can talk about whatever you want."

She raised one eyebrow at me. "About why you acted the way you did."

 I dropped my eyes, not wanting to say these words again but I would. I was going to own it.

 "You mean, when I almost raped you." It wasn't a question, but a statement.

 I owed her an explanation, even though it couldn't be the truth.

"I didn't see it that way. You stopped." She said quietly.

 "But I almost didn't." I answered. "Anyways, yeah, we can talk about that too. What time? I'll meet you up here."

She smiled that heart stopping smile, and warmth spread through out my chest. "I get off at 9."

I nodded. "Great. I'll see you then."

 "Okay," She replied, then stepped closer to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, hugging me.

 I stood there awkwardly at first, but then slowly closed my arms around her waist. and buried my face in her neck.

Was I in control? Yeah, no bad reactions, no uncontrollable force.

My gut still clenched with her scent and my throat still burned but I could manage for the moment.

 Deciding to torture myself just a bit more, I took a deep breath, inhaling her scent. Mixed with her shampoo and the smell of her skin, it was the most intoxicating thing I have ever smelled before.