146

I was still feeling the effects of the venom, to be honest, but it seemed like all of the adrenaline that had been running through my body the last little while had helped to burn most of it off. I wasn't completely sober, but I was okay. I pulled pack from Katrina, and grinned a little.

"Are you okay?" She asked, wiping the tears from her eyes.

 I nodded.

 "Yeah, M'okay. Just a little banged up." I brought my hand to her neck, where she was still bleeding a little. "What about you? Looks like they got you too."

She huffed out a breath and started to speak but Sam did instead. "Yeah, they did, but it won't happen again. I'm going to kill every last one of them."

I had never seen him as angry as he was right then. Gone was the nice, sweet guy that I was used to. In his place was a scary, pissed off vamp that I didn't recognize.

His eyes were hard as steel, his jaw clenched, his hand wrapped firmly around Kat's waist, like he would never let her go again. I felt chills go down my spine at the tone of his voice. It was frightening.

"Damn right we are," Colby agreed with him.

"Wha happened?" I heard Corey's voice and all of us looked over to him.

"Oh my God baby, you're okay!" Devyn exclaimed in relief, leaning over to hug him.

He sat up, struggling a bit with weakness, and wrapped his arms around Devyn.

"I'm fine, I think. What about you? Are you okay?" He looked her over, his eyes growing hard when he saw the bloody puncture wounds on her wrists and neck.

He shot to his feet, clenching his fists to where the muscles in his huge arms flexed.

"I'll kill them," he snarled out, his fangs shooting out.

Jesus, they were so fucking scary when they got pissed. It was definitely an experience to see this side of them, but I wasn't so sure that I liked it. The rest started stirring, and sitting up, looking groggy.

"Those bastards poisoned us," Tara said, grabbing the side of her head.

Jake stood up and pulled her with him.

"You okay?" he asked gruffly, wrapping his arms around her waist.

She nodded.

"I'm fine. They aren't going to be though. I'm pissed. I'm gonna fuck em up. Stupid little pussy bitches wanna-"

 Tara went on a rant using so many swear words, my ears started burning.

 No one looked surprised by it, however, so I guess it was normal for her to do that when she got pissed.

Jake's lips tilted up slightly at the corners as he looked at her.

 "That's my girl. I fucking love you."

She grinned at him. "I love you too."

 "Who the fuck were those vamps?" Elton asked, his voice stern, looking pissed that they got one over on him.

 "Yeah, who were they?" Mike asked, rubbing his head as he stood.

Kevin and Aryia stood up, as well, and they all started talking about how they were going to kill them and that they had started a war.

 "We have to report this to the council! Then find them and kill them," Kevin stated, holding his hands out, looking at the guys for their agreement.

"Everybody shut up!" Colby yelled, grabbing everyone's attention. "Right now, we're going home. We need to figure out what they used to knock everyone out, report to the council and go from there. I think we all need a little bit of time to think things through first."

 Okay wow...Colby was being the rational one, instead of the hot head. Act before you think, that's what I was used too. Guess this was why he was the leader of the group.

 I was so glad that he said we were going home. I wasn't feeling the greatest. My head got swimmy while I stood there, and my knees started to buckle.

"Oh," I realized that I was about to pass out, and I couldn't do anything to stop it.

 I reached my hand out to Katrina, grazing her arm, before I started to fall. Last coherent thought I had before everything went black was a pair of cool, strong arms catching me. I'm not sure how long I was out but when I came too, Colby's voice was the first thing I heard.

Of course it was.

"I'm going to kill them Sam. Every last vamp in the Rogue clan will die...but Millie will be by my hands. I want to be the one to end her once and for all."

 "You will be brother. I promise you that," Sam's voice was next.

 I pried my eyes open and found myself on Colby's bed again, with them two sitting on the couch. Colby was shirtless.

Why was he always shirtless?

I felt a surge of desire go through me, even in my weak state.  Colby's eyes shot to mine for a millisecond before he was beside me.

"Can I help kill her?" I croaked out.

 "Hey, how do you feel?" he asked, bringing his hand up to push the hair back from my face.

 I pushed my face into his hand so that he would keep it there.

The coolness felt good against my skin.

"M'okay. Just tired, I guess."

He gave me a small smile and leaned down to kiss my lips. "You probably will be for a little while. You lost a lot of blood." He kept the gentle expression on his face, but his eyes hardened when he said that.

 I remembered the first vamp biting into my wrist, then the others came after Sam and Colby took him somewhere. I remembered them attacking everyone, then grabbing me. Then I was handcuffed to a nasty bed, with other vamps taking turns ripping into the skin of my neck, my wrists, and even my thighs, ripping my dress in the process.

 The memories were faded right now, but they were getting stronger. I felt sick to my stomach. No one was supposed to feed on me, except Colby.

 I felt dirty and contaminated. I sat up and groaned, gulping hard, knowing that I was about to be sick. Somehow, Colby already had a small garbage can in front of me.

 I couldn't stop it.