57

Kat didn't resist, but her body was stiff against him, like she wasn't sure that she wanted to be there. What the hell was going on? I had actually thought that they were the perfect couple. What could Sam have told her to make her act this way?

"Everything good Brother?" Colby asked, nodding at him.

 Sam nodded, and gave him a forced grin.

"It will be, I think."

 I tried to catch Katrina's eye but she avoided looking at me.

"Kat?" I called out.

 The way she was acting was freaking me out, to be honest. I had never seen her this rattled, even when she stood up to one of my foster parents for hitting me. She looked at me, her eyes wide, while she chewed on her bottom lip.

 "Heeey Chloe. When did you get here?" She asked me, glancing at Colby, then back to me.

 "Just a few minutes ago. I heard you guys...talking so we came on in here. Do you wanna go somewhere and talk?"

 I needed to know if she was okay. I was worried.

She shook her head and gave me a tiny smile.

"No. I'm good. We can talk later."

 I saw Sam give her a side glance and barely shake his head. Oh hell no, my girl is not going to be keeping secrets from me! Fuck you Sam!

He took her hand and led her to his bean bag. They waited while Jake and Tara got up, then sat down. She didn't sit in his lap this time, but beside him.

"Since there isn't really anywhere to sit right now anyways, Tara and I are going to go upstairs. We've got a visitor coming by in a few minutes." He flashed a quick smile, that somehow looked a little different to me. Couldn't put my finger on what it was though.

 They left and Kat cringed and closed her eyes. Okay, I definitely needed to talk to her, and soon. I didn't like this.

 I looked at Colby to see how he was taking...whatever this was. His blue eyes flicked between her and Sam, finally resting on Sam. They seemed to be having some sort of conversation with their eyes.

Colby glanced at me, his eyes going wide.

"What's going on?" I whispered as low as I could.

 He shook his head, but didn't say anything.

 "Nice shirt." Kat said a little sarcastically.

 I looked over to find her glaring at my shirt. What did my shirt ever do to you?

 "I thought you liked this shirt." I replied, a little defensively.

 "I did but" Sam elbowed her lightly, and she rolled her eyes, inching away from him. "I do. Nevermind. I'm just not in a good mood." She gave me a small smile.

I knew that coming back here would be uncomfortable because of how I left last time but this was ridiculous.

"Wait, what does it say?" Kevin asked, leaning forwards to look.

 I held my shirt out so that they could read it.

 "Wear Black, Drink Blood. Oh. My. God. That is fucking hilarious!" He yelled and bent over laughing hysterically.

 "No, fuck it doesn't!" Mike said, reading it. "No fucking way!"

Elton just laughed like crazy, slapping his knee, and Aryia's lips turned up into an amused smile. Why was that so funny?

"I don't get it." I said.

"You will eventually." Kat said.

All of the guys were avoiding looking at Kat, except Elton. He was openly staring at her, his brow creased, like he was trying to read her mind or something. She caught him looking and I saw her reach down and take Sam's hand in hers. Sam looked relieved, and grasped her hand tightly.

 "I love you." He said quietly.

She smiled and nodded at him, but didn't reply. Damn it, this was like a fucking soap opera that left me on a cliffhanger. I NEED to know what's going on!

 I was about to ask Kat to go talk again when Colby nudged me.

"Why don't you, Devyn, and Kat go to one of our rooms? Or Corey and Devyn's? Have a little girl talk or something. I need to talk to the guys."

 I raised my eyebrows at him. As much as I wanted to talk to Kat, I didn't really like being shooed away like a good little girl, while the men handled whatever business they were doing.

"About what?" I asked boldly.

He raised his eyebrows back at me, his face stern.

The guys all let out "Oooooo" and laughed lightly.

"If I wanted you to know, I wouldn't have asked you to leave. Now I'm telling you to leave." His face was hard, the mask back in place, but I could see the pleading in his eyes.

He didn't want me to challenge him in front of everyone.

 I bit my lip, thinking about my options. I could challenge him, just to show him that he wasn't going to be bossing me around...or I could go quietly, like a placid little puppy. Neither option was going to work for me.

"Whatever Colby. You don't scare me. I'm leaving, but only because I need to talk to Katrina. NOT because you TOLD me to, as you put it. No one tells me what to do."

 I saw a little smirk cross his face, so small it was barely there. I winked at him as I got up, and grabbed Kat's hand, pulling her up with me. Devyn crawled out of Corey's lap and stood next to us.

"We'll be in my room." She said softly, then bent down to kiss Corey.

We left the garage, and I pulled the door closed behind us. Just before it shut, I heard Kevin speak.

 "Those are some strong ass females."

Murmured agreements followed, then I heard Colby. "Yeah...they are. Sometimes, they need the most protection."

I pulled the door closed, wondering what he meant by that.

We headed upstairs, me following Kat and Devyn because I had no idea where I was going. There was a set of double doors at the top of the stairs that Devyn went straight to, opening them.

 Inside was a massive king size bed, a deep rosewood dresser, a furry black carpet, and a flat screen TV hanging on the wall.