90

I went from being a small town orphan girl with a smart mouth, to an LA barista, to the soulmate of a vampire.

 How does that even happen?

 "What are you thinking about?" Colby asked me, taking my hand in his.

 I looked up at him, and smiled.

Fuck it, might as well see what happens in this story line.

"I was thinking that I love you and my life is a dark fantasy novel."

 I stood up and pulled him with me. He wrapped his arms around my waist, looking down at me with a confused smile.

 "I have to know what happens in the next chapter. If I'm your One then let's hope we can keep getting along without killing one another." His eyes darkened. "Oh Colby, I didn't mean it like that. I'm sorry."

He shook his head a little, but still had a sad look to his blue eyes. "It's just a real possibility that I will kill you. That terrifies me. I can't go through that again. It almost destroyed me last time." He leaned his forehead against mine, staring into my eyes. "I would literally kill myself if I ever hurt you."

My chest ached with the thought of Colby not being part of my world. Part of the world in general. I couldn't imagine a world where he didn't exist.

I didn't want to think about it.

 "Let's go downstairs for a little while. I kind of want to get to know the guys now that I actually know what's going on."

 He laughed a little. "Wanna see some of the perks?"

I nodded in excitement.

He scooped me up in his arms bridal style so fast, that I let out a yelp. He laughed again and I have to say that I was really enjoying this playful side of him. I was about to ask him what we were going to do, when my breath was stolen from me with the speed that he moved.

Everything turned into a blur, but the next second we were downstairs, outside the garage door.

My expression must have been hilarious, because Colby burst out laughing. He set me down gently on my feet. I tried to keep my balance but I felt like I was still flying through the air, and my legs buckled beneath me.

His arms came up, catching me before I could fall. I grasped onto him for support, feeling his steel muscles flex as he helped me stand again.

 "Sorry," he replied bashfully. "I probably should have warned you."

 "It's fine." I gasped out, trying to catch my breath.

We heard laughter come from inside the garage, and I saw Colby roll his eyes.

 "Ready?" he asked.

 I nodded, not so sure now.

 "It'll be fine. They all really like you, ya know. I've heard them talking. They say you're good for me." He shook his head. "They say you've got me whipped. I don't know why they keep talking trash when they know I can HEAR THEM." Laughter sounded again from inside. "Come on." He opened the door, and pulled me inside with him.

"Well hi beautiful," Elton was the first one to speak when we entered.

He smiled at me and flashed his fangs, his eyes turning black. I gasped at how frightening it looked. Knowing and seeing are two different things.

I had only saw Colby in vamp mode for a few seconds. Elton was actually terrifying.

"Elton, behave." Sam said, grinning at us.

 "So, ready to donate some blood for us Chloe? We're running low." Jake said, as everyone laughed.

 Katrina just shook her head, while I took in the fact that almost everyone in this room was an actual vampire. They had probably all killed at least one person and all I could think about was how cool this was, even though I was also jumping out of my skin. I might be mentally unstable, now that I think about it.

Oh well, being normal was boring.

 "Not right now Jake, I'll let you know." I retorted, not really comprehending what I was saying.

Colby chuckled and led me to the bean bag. He sat and pulled me onto his lap. The guys let out wolf whistles, and for some reason I was surprised at how they were just acting like normal immature guys.

 Guess that didn't change even when you were technically undead.

 I blushed at the attention, and felt Colby's forehead drop onto the back of my shoulder.

"Oops," I breathed out, and I felt his head move with a silent chuckle.

 Corey got up and walked to the freezer in the corner of the room, that I had always assumed just had popsicles or something in it.

 My mouth dropped open when he pulled out a couple of blood bags and started throwing them to the guys and Tara. Corey and Sam were the only ones who didn't take one...the only ones who didn't need them because they fed on their girlfriends. Okay...

"Thanks brother." Mike replied, before he bared his fangs and popped a couple of holes in the bag, closing his lips around it.

 I couldn't look away. They all did the same thing, and my eyes just followed everyone.

"Colby?" Corey asked, holding out another bag.

 Colby glanced at me, then back to him and nodded. Corey threw the bag, and Colby's hand shot out to grab it right before it connected with my face.

Let's just throw blood bags around the fucking room, why don't we?

"Um...do you mind if I...?" Colby motioned to the bag that was in his hand.

I stared at the thick dark red liquid inside and shivered.

"No...go ahead." I said quietly.

 I didn't mean to stare, I really didn't, but my brain wasn't processing the fact that maybe I should have manners right now.

Colby met my gaze and held it for a moment, before I saw his eyes start to change, his pupils expanding, while the white of his eyes turned blood shot. I hadn't noticed before that there were thin, barely there, black veins that crept from below his eyes.

 He opened his mouth, his fangs so close to me since I was still in his lap. I turned sideways to watch him.