149

"That you have to wait and make sure that it's going to be safe for you?"

 I pouted, pushing my bottom lip out, and looked at him through my lashes. "Maybe," I said quietly.

"You're just- "

He shook his head.

 "I can't- I don't even know what to say to that," he stammered out. "Stop poking your bottom lip out at me Chloe."

I pushed it out even further. "But Colbyyyy...my body is sore, and my neck and wrists are aching. I neeeed it to stop."

It really wasn't that bad...I just wanted to see what would happen. I found it fascinating. I was kind of upset that Kat and Devyn got to try it before me.

Colby's eyes were stern as he stared back at me. Guess the whole pouting thing wasn't working as well as I wanted it to.

 He shook his head.

"Not gonna work this time love. I need to know you'll be safe first. It's not a life threatening situation and I don't want to risk it without knowing for sure."

 I huffed and rolled my eyes. "Whatever. I'm sure they'll be fine. Sam and Corey wouldn't have risked it if they thought something bad was going to happen. You literally said that nothing would happen anyways, even if they weren't the One. So, what's the big deal?" I wasn't giving up that easily.

 He glared at me in a way that would have probably made anyone else shrink away from him. Honestly, I felt the urge to do just that, but I didn't.

I held his gaze instead, my eyebrows raised.

"You are an insufferable brat, that can't take no for an answer. Didn't you ever learn that you don't always get what you want?"

It was my turn to roll my eyes. "That coming from the guy who literally has only been told 'no' once in the past, what, 5 years? Then you threw a fit and kicked me out of your room."

 His eyes widened at my words, and his mouth fell open a little. "I did NOT throw a fit. I told you to leave so that I wouldn't kill you. Which is exactly what I'm doing right now! Trying to make sure that nothing happens to you, you stubborn, beautiful girl! Will you please let me do that, instead of fighting me every step of the way?"

The entire room was quiet, and to be honest, I was speechless. I had honestly thought that I was going to win that one, by throwing that night in his face.

He just completely blew my mind and I had no idea what to say, except..."Okay," I agreed quietly, making him narrow his eyes at me.

 "What?"

 I rolled my eyes again. "I said okay Colby. I'll wait as long as you want me to wait."

 He looked at me thoughtfully, while chewing his bottom lip. "Okay?"

 I almost laughed at how shocked he sounded.

I nodded instead, and smiled at him.

"Yeah, okay."

He sat back against the bean bag, with a small, proud grin forming on his face. The kind of grin that made me weak.

"Devyn's up," Corey said, standing.

 Then he was gone.

I watched Colby's face while he stared at the ceiling. I could tell that he was listening to what was going on. "She's fine," he whispered.

He grinned, and looked back at Sam.

 "Kat-"

Sam nodded, already on his feet.

 "I know." Then he was gone too. "Katrina is up too." I watched his face intently.

"Is she okay?" I asked, urgently, needing to know how my best friend was.

Colby closed his eyes for just a second. A second that had me getting upset.

I opened my mouth to ask him again if she were okay, when he spoke.

 "She's fine. They're gonna be a little while though."

My face fell into a blank expression. "Seriously?" I asked, shaking my head. "She just woke up. Can't they control themselves?"

 Colby looked at me and leaned his mouth close to my ear. "Can you?"

His cool breath caused it's usual goosebumps to pop out on my skin, as my stomach started to quiver.

"Damn you Colby Brock," I breathed out, staring into his eyes, watching the silver ring start to pulsate around his iris.

He chuckled and kissed my jaw.

"Do you actually wanna try my blood?" he asked, letting his hand trail down over my neck, past the bandage that was there.

 I shivered.

 I had pushed for this and I did want to, but could I actually drink BLOOD? I wasn't sure but I was damn sure gonna try.

I nodded, and took a deep breath, standing up.

"Let's do it."

 My still queasy stomach rolled a little at the thought of drinking actual blood.

He stood up with me taking my hand.

"Who knows, maybe you'll like it! Then you know that you're meant to be a vamp," Tara joked, as we walked past her and Jake.

 I glanced her way and gave her a nervous smile. I felt Colby's hand on the small of my back, leading me towards the door. Again, I was thankful that he didn't try to use his speed just yet.

We made our way back to his room, not speaking, but his hand stayed on my back, giving me that small comfort. We entered the room, and he closed the door gently behind us. I walked to the bed and sat down, turning towards him.

He stood in front of me, looking down, his eyes meeting mine.

"You don't have to do this. It was your idea," he reminded me gently.

"I know. I want to try. I'm just nervous," I replied, looking down at my hands, watching myself twist the rings on my fingers.

He sat down next to me, and I felt his fingers on my jaw.

He pulled my face back up to meet his gaze.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded, and smiled, leaning over to kiss his full lips gently. His hand went to the back of my head, holding my lips against his for a moment longer, before he released me. I watched as he brought his wrist to his mouth, his eyes changing from blue to black, and his fangs extending from his gums, before he bit into his own skin.

I gasped as black blood ran freely down his hand, dripping onto the floor as he held it away from his bed.