75 (Colby's POV)

"Oh, I want Colby. I'll have him too. Take it or leave it. I know that you don't want a war, because you don't want the council looking into my death and transformation. As long as I'm with the rogue clan, they don't ask questions, because we all deserve to die, right?"Millie was looking at us both expectantly.

 She wasn't wrong. The council wanted the rogue clan dead but was afraid of a revolt if they wiped them out. There were too many of them to just kill.

"If I surrender myself to the council so that they can choose me a clan, then they'll want details of how I turned. Your choice. Either I get you when I want you, or the council finds out how I turned...or..." She got a wicked smirk on her face, and walked around Sam and I, like a lion stalking it's prey. "I've got something even better. I can tell that you're super protective over this girl for some reason." She winked at me, and my back stiffened.

 "I don't care about her. I'm just having fun with her." The words made me physically ill, my chest tightening.

Millie shook her head grinning smugly at me.

"No, I don't think so...but if that's true, then this shouldn't be a problem."

 I wanted to punch her so fucking badly right now. Even Sam looked nervous, watching and waiting for her to say what she wanted.

 "I want you to stay away from her. You don't have to be with me yet...but soon. Until then, stay away from her, or drain her."

I balled my fists at my side, my nails biting into my skin. "No. That's not going to work. I don't kill anymore. You know that."

 She twirled her red hair around her fingertip. "Then I guess you'll have to stay away from her. It's a shame really. She smells so delicious. There's no telling what might happen to her if you leave her alone." She winked at me, and I wanted to rip her fucking head off of her neck.

 I started to consciously grab her and throw her against the wall, but Sam beat me to it. He had her pressed up against the wall, feet dangling while his forearm was pressed against her throat.

 "You know," She gasped out against the pressure he was using, "You guys are really into choking, huh? It's okay, I like it kinky."

"Shut the fuck up bitch," He snarled at her, applying more force to her windpipe.

 She didn't need the air, but it was hella uncomfortable, and made it harder for her to speak. Which was a plus for us.

 "Give it up Millie. You aren't getting Colby. You aren't touching Chloe. You aren't going to talk to the council about Elton because you don't want to be part of an actual organized group. What you are going to do is keep your mouth shut if you want to stay undead and not end up dead dead. Understood?"

 Damn, I was proud of my boy. I actually had a smile on my face, watching him.

 We really didn't want to actually kill her. It would start a massive war within the clans with everyone choosing sides and stuff.

The rogue clan was huge. Turns out that most people don't like following orders. Unfortunately, that led to anarchy and hurt more than it helped. We needed some kind of order for us to survive.

 Millie shook her head though.

 "No, I-"

Sam applied more pressure, cutting off her words.

 "Nuh uh uh," He said, smiling at her. "That's not what I want to hear. Are we understood?"

She glared at him, unable to speak from the force he had on her throat. He released it a little, enabling her to speak again.

 "Yeah, we're understood." She rubbed her throat, when he let her go.

 She was pissed...and crazy. I could see the anger seething in her eyes. This wasn't over. Not by a long shot.

Sam might have bought us some time, but Millie wasn't going to back down that easy. I knew that it would end up with her or us dead.

The one thing I did know was that I would protect Chloe at all costs. At this moment, I felt like I should never have even invaded her life. I basically forced myself back into it.

She was getting along fine, when we weren't talking. She had her job, and her friends that worked with her. She probably could have even started dating that Jeff guy and lived a normal life.

I bristled at the thought, wanting to find him and tear him apart, just for daring to date her even in my head. I know that Katrina said that she wasn't doing well, but she seemed fine to me when I chose to walk into that coffee shop...but I had stepped through that door and pulled her right back into my crazy ass life, without even thinking about the danger that followed. I was so worried about the danger that I posed, I didn't take into account what my lifestyle could do to her. I was a fucking idiot.

I should have stayed away, and kept being a dick so that she could keep hating me. Now her life was in danger, because I just had to know her...because I was a selfish prick.

My subconscious, reminded me that Millie was stalking her before I even met her. That placated me  a little, but I was still ashamed of myself for being so selfish.

 Millie was glaring at us both as we faced her together.

 "This isn't over. You'll regret it one day." She replied, sneering at us.

I shrugged, while Sam let out a short bark of a laugh.

 "That day isn't today though, is it? Run along now, to your buddies hiding in the trees." I cracked my knuckles, then leaned back on one leg, holding open my hands. "Unless you wanna see if the multiple 'friends' you have hidden in the trees can take the two of us." I was feeling antsy, like I needed to fight, so antagonizing her felt justified at the moment.