94 (Colby's POV)

"I didn't hurt her," I breathed out, watching Chloe's cheeks turn red with how much she was laughing.

Her eyes were red and glassy, her eyelids drooping down over them. My chest ached with that feeling that kept hitting me in the face.

"No, you didn't hurt her brother. She's just...really stoned." Corey laughed out.

 I smiled at them, but kept watching Chloe.

"How do you feel though?" Sam asked, his eyes on me.

I turned and looked up at him. I flexed my free hand, and rolled my shoulders. My body was zinging with electricity that I hadn't noticed before because I had been worried about Chloe.

 Strength was coursing through my veins, and I felt like I could do anything.

 My thoughts were clear and I was feeling....happy?

I grinned, feeling it cover my entire face.

"I feel great."

"You look greeeaaaat too!" Chloe slurred out, her eyes traveling up and down my body when I turned back to look at her.

 She reached out her hand, cupping the back of my neck and pulled me to her. I was in shock, so I let her.

She crashed her lips against mine roughly, probably cutting hers with the force. This was a different side to her. Usually, she let me be the dominate one, melting into me, but now...her mouth was trying to command mine, rolling her tongue against my own in a way that I didn't know she could. Holy fuck.

 I felt my control bending just a little and decided not to push it. When I bit her, I thought that I would lose it just from the sweet taste of her blood. It was like nothing else that I had ever experienced, like the richest, most delicious dessert that you could think of.

There was nothing that I could compare it to, taste wise, but it reminded me of how I used to really love my grandma's cheesecake. Not the taste, but the nostalgic feeling of home, like that's where I was supposed to be. Then I felt her emotions flare up, shooting me in my cold heart, a love that I didn't know she had for me, intensifying my own feelings.

 I drank even deeper, reveling in that feeling. It had been so long since I had felt anything at all, and it was so intense.

 I heard her murmur something, her voice weak. I almost didn't stop...it was just so good...but I had to. I forced myself away from her, seeing how weak she was.

 I thought that I almost killed her, because I know that I drank a lot. I'm not sure how I managed to stop, with the way that I was feeling but I did. Wasn't going to push it now.

I placed my hands on her face and gently pushed her back, away from me. She pouted, pushing out her bottom lip, and whined. She had to stop doing that. It did crazy things to me.

I heard Sam and Corey chuckling behind me.

"Damn brother. I think somebody was wanting a little something more. You gonna keep her begging like that?"

 I glanced at Corey, glaring at him for just a second. "Shut the fuck up brother. I'm not trying to push myself tonight. I'm thinking what I just did is all I can handle for the moment." I turned back to Chloe and leaned over, whispering in her ear. "I'll make up for it later."

Her face flushed, the sound of her blood rushing through her veins filling my ears. It was okay though. It didn't bother me half as much as it usually did. Huh. Maybe I could handle this.

I smiled at her and she bit her bottom lip, staring into my eyes. Damn it, but she was sexy.

 I shook my head, looking away from her.

 "Thank you for being here guys. Means a lot."

Sam grinned and nodded. "Anytime brother. You know we got your back."

 Corey on the other hand. "Whaaaat? The infamous Colby Brock is thanking us?! I feel so honored!" He pretended to bow at me.

 "Get the hell out of my room, you asshole." I replied, laughing at him.

I couldn't even be angry or rude. I felt too good. He raised his eyebrows at me.

 "Damn bro. I actually expected you to get pissed at me for that. Huh. She's better for you than I thought. Is her blood magic or something?" He glanced from me to Chloe, then back to me.

 I looked over to her. She was in her own little world I think, holding my hand, tracing little patterns on the back of it with her fingertip.

Her lips were moving and I could hear her low voice singing an old Disney song from the movie Aladdin.

 "A whole new world, a new fantastic point of view."

 I grinned. "Yeah, I think it is. Maybe she's just magic herself."

They grinned at her fondly. "We know the feeling," They replied together, then laughed.

 I chuckled.

 "Seriously though, get out of my room. I want to let her rest."

"Sure, sure," Corey said as Sam pushed him towards the door. "That's what you call it, huh? We'll be listening just in case."

 I really hated being a vampire sometimes. No privacy, but I was used to it by now. We had all promised not to speak about anything that we might accidentally overhear.

 Jake was the only one that had a problem with that. He had a big mouth. I loved his dumb ass though.

Sam stopped at the door, looking back at me, as I pulled the covers back, then picked Chloe up bridal style. She giggled and buried her face in my chest, bringing her arms up around my neck.

"You did good brother. Proud of you. Knew you could do it." He nodded at me.

 "Thanks man. I mean it. For helping me work on my control. For everything."

He smiled then walked out the door, closing it behind him.

 I laid Chloe on the bed, then pulled her pants off so that she would sleep more comfortably. Couldn't help admiring her long slender legs when I did. I let my fingers trail down her thighs as I pulled the pants down, just to tease myself I guess.

 When I heard her gasp, my eyes shot up to meet hers. Nope, nope, nope.